I'll be fishing out of Mexico/Oswego this weekend and am hearing that the Brown fishing is tough right now so I'm wondering what's the best plan to target Lakers if we can't get the Browns to cooperate?

I was thinking about 70 fow using spin and glows on the bottom. Is there a spoon bite as well? Any advice would be appreciated.

I am Haulin my baha to salmon country marina tonight and will be fishing all weekend. Brown bite is tough from all reports I’m hearing.  Maybe tonights rain will add alittle color.  If not I will be heading right to 120FOW in front of catfish creek and trollin west for lakers.  Hammerhead cowbells towing gambler rigs 20ft behind the ball just off the bottom.  Downspeed 1.4mph.  I will be starting a thread tomarrow and update durring the day.  
Good Luck.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Hachimo. We struck out on browns then headed out to 100 fow in front of the plant. Picked up a couple lakers but couldnt find any after about noon. Took a break them went back out around 4 but the bugs drove us off the lake.
Try again in the morning

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks to Hachimos tips we got into the lakers this morning. 175 fow west troll from plant. 8/10 hitting bells with peanuts and spin and glows. Stacked williams wobbler did well also. 10 ft over the bells

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gregger300 said:

Thanks to Hachimos tips we got into the lakers this morning. 175 fow west troll from plant. 8/10 hitting bells with peanuts and spin and glows. Stacked williams wobbler did well also. 10 ft over the bells

Glad you hooked up. I never strictly targeted Lakers till this weekend and had a blast doin it. Saturday morning I struggled first two hours. Got info to head further west and paid off. Today we got 6 and first one came while settin the last rod. 16#. Most of my lakers came on my new Cannon Optimum while on a jiggin cycle just off the bottom.  Absolutely a game changer!

• Like 1