What are they worth......................

I hope this is the right forum for this question>>>>

I have 4 Cannon Dual-Crank 6 Manual downriggers, that are in GREAT shape. I have no Idea at all what they are worth.........Any help would be greatly appreciated. My friends Dad has passed away, the Downriggers were not used more than one year before he got sick...They are like new.....He wants to sell them, and we really need to get an Idea what they are worth..

Thanks in advance for the help.........

Rev................

two of them are 5' long and the other two are 3' long.................I would have to have my wife take some pics tomorrow. Probably be easier to send to someone by e-mail......But I might be able to put them on here if someone helped me..............We are just looking to find out what they might be worth, so He can try to sell them to help his Mom pay some expenses......

Rev...............

stinger, unless they recently brought them back that I haven't heard about, Cannon hasn't made the dual crank 6 manual riggers since like the late 80's or early 90's. I always thought that was a neat concept back in the day. I know I wished they stil made them when I bought my 4 Cannon Unitroll HP manuals back in 1996.

Rev300, That being said, those probably have the aluminum bodies which are always in high demand because they don't crack like the current lexan bodies do. Just a WAG on my part, but I'd bet you could get around $150 apiece for them, perhaps a bit more. Those stainless steel booms (as opposed to the telescopic type) are also popular with a lot of guys.

Tim

stinger, unless they recently brought them back that I haven't heard about, Cannon hasn't made the dual crank 6 manual riggers since like the late 80's or early 90's. I always thought that was a neat concept back in the day. I know I wished they stil made them when I bought my 4 Cannon Unitroll HP manuals back in 1996.

Rev300, That being said, those probably have the aluminum bodies which are always in high demand because they don't crack like the current lexan bodies do. Just a WAG on my part, but I'd bet you could get around $150 apiece for them, perhaps a bit more. Those stainless steel booms (as opposed to the telescopic type) are also popular with a lot of guys.

Tim

Tbromund, I am pretty sure you are right about the age of these downriggers. His Dad built his Salmon fishing boat in the early 90s, He only got to use it for one year, and then he got real sick. He put the boat in storage and never was able to use it again. When he died, his son took most of the equipment off of the boat, and sold the boat. He wanted to sell the other equipment seperate to help pay some of his MoMs expenses...I believe the boat was in storage for around 15-17 years.Even though these are older, they are like brand new...

Thanks for all of the help, They will surely appreciate it......

God bless

rev...............