Boom Removal Update...

Got this emailed to me today...

I am responding to your question posed at the New York Power Authority web site.

The removal of the ice boom is governed by the International Joint Commission and NYPA crews handle the removal as directed. You are correct in your assumption that boom removal occurs on April 1 unless there is more than 250 square miles of ice in the Lake East of Long Point.

We are very close to that threshold based on the latest observations. It is my understanding that the International Joint Commission will issue a statement later today that would indicate, weather permitting, boom removal could begin on Monday, April 6. NYPA stands ready to handle its work once directed by the IJC and weather conditions provide a safe environment to handle the task. You can certainly check back with me on Monday for an update.

Lou Paonessa

Community Relations Manager

[email protected]

716-286-6651

Internet is making this a small world....

Read the name Lou Paonessa in this post and it turns out he was the radio commentator when I played college hockey 25 years and 45 pounds ago. Real nice guy. The post allowed me to catch up a little bit with him.

He informs me the boom started coming out today...yipee!