KUDOS to Raymarine

CBish

This week I purchased and installed a RAYMARINE Sport Pilot. I installed it in just over an hour and then sea trialed it in half that time. Today that thing held my boat on a rock solid line in 1-2' waves and wind gusting to 35 kts. Impressive. This is the unit that mounts to the steering wheel for cable steered boats.

I know that it will be well worth the investment! Any questions about it are welcomed.

CC

It;s to early to tell yet how they will preform & hold up in the long run as they are a new unit this year. Get some time on it over the next few month's in more than 1 ta 2's and let us kn what you think. It would be a plus if they finally came up with a dependable cable unit.

That's good to hear Carl. I just installed a Raymarine SG1, which is for hydraulic steering. What a pain in the a$$ installing that rudder reference was on my boat. I thought over all the install on the hydraulic unit was pretty involved and I definitely wouldn't look forward to doing it again! Here's to hoping it's worth it :beer::beer::beer::beer: Good luck with yours :yes: