New Auto Pilot

mtboxess

Just got done installing a new AP on my stern drive I/O. Switched the steering from cable assisted power steering to all hydraulic. I have heard that now I should take the belt off the pump to the power assist unit or with the new all hydraulic I will have a lot of free spin in the steering wheel. Anybody have any experience with this. Also as a side note I did all the work myself and would never entertain doing it again. After a myriad of issues including having the wrong parts spec'd for my boat, I should have just gone for the helm pilot. Would have saved myself alot of aggravation. I did make some great professional contacts with people that really know their stuff about AP's, so if anyone needs any help with contact #'s give me a call.

Thanks

Dion

Thanks Hank. Finally figured out that they sent me the the right cylinder but neglected to put on a eesentail part of it. Couldn't turn to port. Finally emailed Sea Star a pic of the cylinder and they recognized the problem immediately. Sent me a new one in 2 days. No complaints with those people. What an ordeal!!!! Next time I'll have you do it.

Dion