7/7 Braddocks afternoon/night

Took a buddy looking for a derby fish. Launched at 1 and dropped him back off at the dock by 5:30. Picked up my wife, cousin and his daughter to try and get her 1st king.

1pm-5pm we fished 150-315. Went 6-9. Had 1st fish before all rods were set. All rainbows and 1 king. Best water was around 220. Only 1 dipsey hit and that was a small king when we were pulling lines to head in. Spoons and flasher fly on riggers took all the rainbows. Best lures were same as Tuesday. Mag NK and stinger paddle/attomik fly. Nothing big enough for a picture. Did lose a nice rainbow behind the boat. 

6pm-8pm we fished 80-150. Best screens were around 120. At 7:20 told cousin to reel in the dipsey so we could clear the fleas. Few seconds later the rigger with stinger/fly fires and I hand cousins daughter the rod. Few seconds later the other rigger with mag NK fires. Wife has to come from the bow to hold the dipsey rod while cousin takes the rigger rod. Father and daughter are doubled up. He got his small king in pretty quick. She did good but we had to stop every so often to clean fleas off. Fish stayed buttoned up and we landed it. She got a quick pic and it swam away. Pulled lines at 8 and headed in. 

She told us before we started that if she caught a king she would get a fish tattoo and my name. We will have to see! 

Good luck out there!

Rick 

F32A8FBB-FE96-42BC-BD4F-074270BD3367.jpeg

77E60B01-E11E-469D-94D4-B49FE3A32696.jpeg

• Like 2