Coming from out of town

I'm coming from Cleveland to the Olcott, Wilson, Niagra River bar area this week. I've only been there in august and september so this is my first trip in the spring. I was looking for any pointers from you guys. Should I be fishing the bar, or more towards Olcott? I'll be bringing all the gear, nto sure what I'm going to be using though, downriggers, dipsys, boards, spoons, flies, j-plugs, cranks, etc. Nothing real specific I'm looking to catch, kings, cohos, browns, lakers, steelhead, they're all good in my book. Any tips appreciated.

Wilson would be a good port to fish out of.It is about midway between the bar and Olcott waters.It's nice at this time of year,because it's not a long boat ride to either area.

I fish out of Olcott,and will be there for 11 days starting next week.Most years at this time,we end up motoring down a bit west of wilson,and start our troll there.Normally the fishing has been great.

We've had many springs when we slayed the kings,without having to combat fish on the bar.I refuse to fish in big packs,and do as well when we stay removed from the crowds.

You won't go wrong whether you fish out of Olcott or Wilson,and the fish could be anywhere in that area.I just think that at this time of year,the port of Wilson puts you in a central location,saving long boat rides.

We have done well with all the programs.Our rigger bites were probably the best, but all the programs work good.We got some big kings on the leadcore off boards,and the wire dipsies with flasher fly combos nailed some monsters.Bring it all,everything works.For us flies in double aqua,mirage,little boy blue,and hammer patterns were hot

Spoons in colors like Orange crush,dolphins,NBK, 42nd patterns were good for us.Chek the reports on this site,good guys and good info,.Also check out http://www.olcottfishing .com they're on the ball with the fish reports,with no BS

Good luck to you.

Hey I'm comine in from Cleveland leaving Thursday night staying all weekend. I will be docked in Olcott but probably will fish between Wilson and the bar. I would bring the same stuff as you do in the fall. If you want give me a call and maybe we could help each other out up there.

Mark

216-374-4811