Livescope transducer

I just bought a Livescope bundle for ice fishing with the lvs34 probe. I have a pole for trolling and plan on using it in my rail system.  I've read alot about using a ps30 probe for salmon trolling due to the 40degree cone angle. Question is...can I just swap the probes so I can use the 40 degree ps30 probe trolling salmon and the keep 20 degree lvs34 for walleye and ice.... or do I need some sort of additional black box. Hoping it's just a plug and play type thing.

I have PS30's in stock at the marina. The PS30 does not require a black box. It hooks right into your Garmin's Network port. The PS30 is meant to be a stationary transducer on your transom, The cone angle on the PS30 is 120*x90*, which makes it so good for trolling. Let me know if I can help you.

• 2 weeks later...

First time post,

I just purchased a PS30 transducer and looking for good information on how to mount to a transom with a single outboard. I have a 230WA Cobia with single Yamaha F225 outboard. Questions I have are the following:

1) I can't mount in the center of the transom with the outboard in the way. I have a transducer for sonar on starboard side and a transducer for the fishhawk on port side. I think it would be best to mount offset to center port side towards fishhawk transducer.

2) Once the transducer is mounted, how does the view see around the outboard? If mounted on port side, I will it see downriggers on starboard side with the outboard int eh way of the view.

I have attached an image of location where I am thinking of mounting the PS30 transducer. Just to the right of the fishhawk transducer. Is this a good mounting location?

Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

20230303_144615.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Mounted mine on marine board, helps a lot to get it mounted just right. The PS30 is a brick and made a big rooster tail. Bent some aluminum and made a spray guard. I was worried it was too close to the other transducers. Had zero issues with any of the transducers so close to each other. 100 percent plug in play. No black box or anything needed (assuming your chart plotter is compatible) Good luck with your install.

ABBE0C7F-6F9A-4253-9019-ED8F8E2FFEE0.jpeg

Edited by Trolldeep