Lead core question

If I’m running a 10 color, 7 color and 5 color and 3 color off my boards, what is the length, from the board to the lure, that I should run in the water?

If the 10 color is out 100 yards (plus the leader etc ), what distance should I run the other colors behind their respective boards? For example, should the 7 color and 5 color be the same distance back behind the board as the 10 color?  I trying to determine the best spreads or formations to run these. 

Additionally, I am gonna use HI VIS blood run 25 pound test so I can see the line better. Do I run high vis line straight to a 3 color or is that not recommended. I wasn’t sure if I should run a clear mono segment considering it’s only 3 color (30 yards) and hi vis could turn fish off.

I want to target fish higher in the column this year. I’m typically running riggers and wire dipsey divers and hunt deeper. I want to diversify my spread more in 23’. 

Thank you in advance for any insight. 

Edited by Bustersit

So if I’m understanding the question correctly you will want to let out all your leadcore and I usually go 5 feet or so past the knot to the mainline then clip in my board release. Letting out more will throw off the depth your intending to reach with the amount of leadcore out imo. I usually run a 25-30 ft flouro leader to my lure and use 30lb-50lb power pro mainline to the board it’s thinner than mono and catches way less wind to the board

• Thanks 1

I run a ton of leadcore on Erie for walleyes off of inline Church boards.  It's a killer presentation.

I run 30' or so foot of backer after the leadcore before attaching the board.  It's been my experience that this produces more consistent target depths and helps allow the 'natural' action of leadcore.  Running no backer from the board seems to keep the leadcore line a little tighter, causing it to run slightly higher with less action.

But, results will probably vary.