Hi, I'm Ben

Hi Guys,

My Name is Ben, I am 30 and from Newark. I worked as a mate during high school and college out of Oak Orchard. Worked for Jim Shouey on the J-Team, and then Chris Efing on board the Chrysalis. If only it was a year round gig I would have never "grown up" and got a year round job. Currently work at the family buisness as a CNC Machinist.

Just bought the newest boat I've ever owned last year, a 2002 Mirrocraft Aggressor. Love pulling boards for spring brownies, and chasing staging kings in august and september. I'd fish the big pond more in the summer if I could pry myself from the walleyes. Too many fish, so little time!!!

I hunt waterfowl like its religion, but I do manage to take a few days to fish the tribs.

Ben

Ben,

WELCOME, Great to see you try another forum for a bit. "The refuge " is my parking spot also ALL fall/winter season. Hey you guys (huntyeraws/waterfowl#1) ever get any snows hunting in this year? Great place here for info and GREAT bunch of guys that realy know their fishing.

See you out on the lake someday.

Jerry (DUCKGUN)

REBEL

Ben,

You stuck around this neck of the woods and kept fishing... even after Jim Shoes and everyone tried corrupting you at the Oak!

I actually bought my dad's old Grady back from Mark Lewis last Fall and am on IBay now.

Lars is in Charleston, SC catching Wahoo and Mahi now!

Catch ya later.

Hans

Jerry,

We managed one snow, but that was during regular season. We never chased them during the spring season, not that I am dissapointed though. Watching wave after wave gets a tad bit frustrating.

Hans,

Last I knew Jim moved out to Ennis, Montanta and is a fly fishing guide with his daughter. Jim was my high school bio teacher and thats how i got the first job out there. I was filling in for Mark. Corrupted???? My mother still shudders when I tell the stories of drinkin in the Black North at 17. Had a riot hanging out with the Pirate crew, as well as all the other captains. Just a bunch of great guys!!!