Seneca Lake - Lakers

I will be coming out to Seneca to do some Laker fishing. I will be coming form Buffalo and have never fished Seneca. The only reason I'm heading out that way is because a friend of mine just moved out there and heard that the Laker fishing is pretty good on Seneca. So, any advice as to where to launch, start fishing (trolling or jigging) and most importantly what to use? Thanks for the info.

Tony (Slapshot)

So, any advice as to where to launch, start fishing (trolling or jigging) and most importantly what to use? Thanks for the info.

Tony (Slapshot)

There is a free launch at the north end on Rtes 5 & 20 at the Chamber of Commerce but it can tend to get washed in. So for a safe launch I like Seneca Lake State Park...$7 it is just east of the Chamber on Rte.s 5&20 as well.

For jigs, there is a square brick building on the east shore they call the "Pumphouse"...set up in front of that where you mark fish.

You can also Launch midway up the lake on both the east and west sides. Lodi state park on the East and Severne state launch on the West. If you launch there always had luck on the west side south of Severne launch. Green spinnies with green or mirage color flies. good starting depths are in the 60-80 foot range.