The word of the day was Mud... Lots of dirty water!  Ran to where I thought there was some cleaner water ( night before road scouting mission,) and found it was still dark and dingy.. put out short shallows and long shallows bay rats ...120 ft back on boards. Glow frogs on mini Chinook divers 15 ft back...

First hour was painfully slow. Got a call from Yankees Craig and Rich ( thanks boys) that they had decent color water ahead of us and we're getting bit... Rolled into a small patch of water and pulled a pile of browns, a coho and two really good spring sharks. Those kings were not happy and the anglers had their hands full with the light tackle. 

Colors that worked... Citric shad long and short... Wonder bread long, fire tiger long, dirty goose short, frog short....

Beautiful day and a great start to 2023... Be well... 

51174.jpeg

51175.jpeg

51172.jpeg

51172.jpeg

51171.jpeg

• Like 10

Matt, thanks for sharing your report with the Board.  You, Yankee Troller, and the other charter captains that are willing to share your wealth of knowledge and the actual specifics of a trip - what water you fished, your techniques and tackle specifics - are much appreciated and are what makes this board a cut above.  It helps the rest of us tremendously.  Have a great season!

• Like 3

We saw you guys pop in when we were getting ready to depart!  We were in the most recreational fishing boat out yesterday. (Glasstron) 

nice boat and great fish! 

we had a couple kings hit the rigger on the caddy shack but couldn’t get ‘em to the boat.  

It's great to see all the folks getting out and enjoying our resource ..  brings me back to when my Dad used to bring me and my brother out on our 19 ft Thompson ... Manual down riggers....  

The MissD isn't the best rig on the lake... But she's good enough to get us out and back safely.... I appreciate the kind words.   Good luck this season.