Headed out of Ibay and headed east.  Lines in around 8am out at 1. Setup pretty close to the outlet and headed towards Webster where there were a ton of boats.  Water seemed like it had a nice green/brown color.  Went 15 for 18.  Most of those were little browns.  Biggest was 4# or so.  Also picked up a small coho.  We seemed to run into pods of fish where we would get 3 or 4  in 10 minutes then troll for a half hour and get one hit. Had a pair of doubles. Started with 2 flavors of orange DW SS spoons and 2 flavors of green and a pair of bayrats.  Fish preferred green spoons hands down.  Took a nice rip on a bayrat that was a bigger fish that was it for stickbaits.  Pulled a few different ones for longer than i should have and they just didnt produce.  I though this was strange.... Caught a lot of fish on the downriggers down 5-8. ( I almost left those at home)  Short coppers on boards also took several fish.   Almost all of the action was in 12FOW @ about 2mph.   Note that most of my trolling was with with my trolling motor only as I was testing out a new setup.  Seems like it was more stealthy than using my kicker.

First trip of the season was a good one!  Nice weather and my old boat and gear mostly worked.  Even caught some fish!

Tons of boats out there today.  Would love to hear how everyone else did.  Post up!!!!

• Like 1

You did much better than me. Went 4-4 with all fish on stick baits. Nothing on spoons as I tried orange and then green spoons also down 6-8 feet. I also ran chinook diver out 15 with spoons and no luck. I stayed around shipbuilder since I didn’t want to mess with all the boats around Webster, maybe that was a mistake. I worked around 10 FOW and later in morning slide out to 20. The thing I found odd was my speed over ground was reading 2.8 and multiple boats passed me on the troll making me think I was going too slow. I was happy for first trip out boat ran perfect and we caught some fish. Good job and good luck this year. 

7F5B7978-563A-4677-B92E-B88F24AD646C.jpeg

• Like 1