Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Things are not looking good so far for this winter. The lake temp is already 6 degrees colder than it was at this time last year. If we continue this trend, the YOY alewife will suffer......
  2. They were all over the place on my ride to work last night.
  3. Canadice and Hemlock are you best bets for a lake trout lake that will freeze. I like using White 3" or 5" mr twisters on a 1oz jig head. A flasher is a must. Once you see a fish on the flasher, drop the jig down 5' from them and start to retrieve it making them chase it. I use 30" medium action ice rods with 10lb braid and a 10lb floro leader.
  4. No need for counters on leadcore so it is a non issue.
  5. That black market perching is all over the Lake O bays too. Lake O can withstand the pressure a little better but the fingerlakes can't handle the abuse.
  6. Saltists all the way. I have both Saltists and Seagates but I would recommend the Saltists long before the Seagates. The Saltists are bullet proof, have super smooth drags, and very fast retrieval.
  7. Very cool Dave!
  8. My bad Pelthunter. I misread your post that first time and thought you said to align the blades with the slits.
  9. Well said Justin.
  10. They fly great and been good for me in the past. Seeing a broadhead not open and punch through a deer leaving pin drops of blood has my confidence in them in the toilet. I ended up buying Montec G5 this afternoon. Now I will be spending time in the back yard sighting back in again. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  11. I just watched a Rage video on bow broad heads and like the crossbow heads, you don’t line up the slots. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  12. Correct because the blades will open during flight. If I had them aligned that way, I wouldn’t have had an issue with the broad head not opening. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  13. The collar slides on locking the blades in. There are slots in the collar to allow for the collar to break on impact. You can put it on correctly and lock the blades in or wrong which would be up side down. That’s what I meant by one way of doing it. What Pelthunter is explaining is wrong according to the Rage tech in the video. You are not supposed to align the slots with the blades because the O-ring will not hold the blades in place during flight. Are Rage Bow broad heads different? Beats me! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  14. Sorry Chris but you are wrong. Watch the video from Rage. The Pedal is supposed to lock the blade in place to keep the blade in place during flight. The collar is meant to break away on impact. If you line it up in the slots, the blades will deploy during flight. Google Rage crossbow broad heads and watch. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  15. The collar is blown apart as you can see in the picture. The blades did not deploy even after the bolt was stuck to the fletchings in the ground behind the deer. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  16. The collar only keeps the O ring from expanding and keeps the blades from expanding during flight. It breaks away on impact. There is only two ways to install it. Right side up or up side down. There is no aligning it. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  17. The hair was not allowing the blades to move. Once I cleaned the hair out of the blades they worked. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  18. The hair was not allowing the blades to move. Once I cleaned the hair out of the blades they worked. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  19. Yes there is. I put the collar on according to the instructions. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  20. They were brand new out of the package. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app
  21. Last night over at Gators land, I shot a doe with my crossbow. We found her after crawling around the woods finding pin drops of blood. I have been shooting the Rage broadheads for three years now. After examining the broadhead, hair jammed the blades and kept them from opening. They opened less than a quarter of the way. I am going to fixed blade broadheads. Anyone have a good recommendation for a good fixed blade broadhead?? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app IMG_4129.HEIC
  22. Congrats Billy! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  23. If that was around here, snaggers would be lined on both sides of the road.
  24. Electoral College in the Governors race would make our votes count.
  25. Sounds like an employee had some venison for dinner that night.
×
×
  • Create New...