Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. 1. Escape 2. Legacy 3. Always Something 4. Double AA 5. JLR Endeavor 6. R&D 7. Sweet Caroline 8. Pig Penn 9. Screamin Reels 10. Meat Money 11. Folkus 12. Tomahawk 13. Pull the Hook 14. Richmond VI 15. Team Yeager 16. Live Action
  2. 1. Escape 2. Legacy 3. Always Something 4. Double AA 5. JLR Endeavor 6. R&D 7. Sweet Caroline 8. Pig Penn 9. Screamin Reels 10. Meat Money 11. Folkus 12. Pull the Hook 13. Piece of Work 14. Rochester Reel Repair 15. Richmond VI 16. Team Yeager 17. Reel Slick II 18. Maniac Jr 19. King Me 20. Live Action
  3. *******Please read the rules for 2025. The box is now a five fish box******* 1. Escape** 2. Legacy** 3. Always Something** 4. Double AA** 5. JLR Endeavor 6. R&D 7. Sweet Caroline** 8. Pig Penn** 9. Screamin Reels 10. Rigged** 11. Meat Money** 12. Folkus** 13. Tomahawk** 14. Chasin Tail 15. Pull the Hook 16. Piece of Work 17. Wicked Six 18.Rochester Reel Repair 19. Rochester Sportfishing** 20. Richmond VI** 21. Team Yeager** 22. Reel Slick II ** 23. Alyda** 24. King Me** 25. Get the Net** 26. Happy Ending 27. Live Action** 28. Poppin Rods 29. Maris Sportfishing** 30. Slam Pig 31. Maniac Jr. **=Teams entered in Calcutta
  4. Deep temps and lots of fleas = a fun day!
  5. It's the third time since i came to Sandy in 2006 that I have been checked by the DEC on the water like that. All three times, they were great and let us continue to fish. I offered to clear the lead core, divers and rigger on that side but they said that wasn't necessary and they wanted to do the check with as little interference as possible. I'm glad to see them out there.
  6. They were good guys. We hooked up three times while they trolled along side us asking us our info.
  7. USGS, US fish and wildlife, DEC and Brockport college fisheries are three that I would think could do it. A boat came out and checked it and hauled some fish over the rail. Couldn’t read the side of the boat while we were passing them. The two DEC officers that stopped us didn’t seem concerned with it.
  8. While Brown trout fishing, we came across a gill net in 50’ of water off Lighthouse point East of Sandy. It runs north south right off the point. It is well marked with two tall Buoys with three red flags on them.
  9. Some have been saying it was rebound the past couple of years. There are still doubters that can't adapt to challenging fishing. It's great to see it coming back!
  10. Cool study! It was cool to catch one of these tagged lake trout. It is back swimming and hopefully it will give years of data to this study!
  11. Good luck Brian. Without you guys, we are screwed!
  12. This could affect the baitfish assessment on the Great Lakes. If this program is cut, you can kiss this fishery goodbye unless the states step up and run the program.
  13. You would have caught lakers if you used Gambler Rigs instead of Lake Trout Candy!
  14. This will not be good for anyone with land near Mennonites.............
  15. I purchased 8 of them and like them. I did have to repress the pin back in over the winter. Not a big deal. The overall quality is great. My one buddy is a machinist was impressed with them.
  16. It is well know that the walleye are affected by thiamine deficiency from eating alewife. The Alewife biomass has been climbing and is really high this year. Alewife population is up, therefore walleye population will decline. Another factor is the ice fishing toll. Lots of publicity of the trophy fishery has drawn a lot of guys and a lot of big breeder walleye have been plucked from the system. I would think a Slot limit would be a great option of the area. Why not protect your prime breeders?
  17. Sounds like you need strike assist!
  18. I bet they still talk about those boat ornaments!
  19. My hope is, August is like it used to be for once! I don't have any camping plans in August and a ton of vacation time left in the bank!
  20. Last year made everyone feel like a hero. It was the easiest king fishing I have seen since I started fishing the lake in the early 80's. For the last 15 years or so, the fishing has been stellar on Lake Ontario. June transitions in the 90's were like this. If we caught one or two kings a day, it was a good day. Most didn't fish in June or they targeted lake trout only. So many didn't fish back then or can't remember!
  21. It's funny how the fishing is good and guys put up a report every time they go out. Fishing sucks and they don't report.
  22. I was impressed with them. I can't wait to use them on divers. No more tap tap gone! I think they will be killer on browns too. Talking to Calvin, Erie walleye guys have had great success with them with worm harnesses.
  23. Left the dock yesterday with Calvin Vanderboon from strike assist with a goal of getting him video footage of his strike assist product working with Cowbells and Gambler Rigs. What a tough morning on the lake! We fished lakers from 6am - 12:30 in 80-130' and only caught 8 lakers. After landing a laker, I asked Calvin if we had the capabilities of reviewing the camera footage on the water. He said yes, so we reviewed a small amount of video footage. The video footage revealed a bunch of dead and dying alewife on the lake floor. Lakers are feeding on these dead and dying alewife instead of hitting lures. We marked tons of lakers and had tons of very lethargic follows. We did get some information from the trip but not as much as I would have liked. As for the results, we took 8 lakers. Five were on rigs with strike assists and three were on rigs without strike assists. The lakers caught on strike assists were deep hooked and stayed buttoned. The lakers caught without strike assists, feel off in the net or were barely hooked. We tried brown fishing at the very end of the day and took a small king in brown trout water. Tons of bait inside. Hopefully it gets better soon. I will post some video footage when Calvin sends it to me. If anyone is interested in Strike Assists, message me and I will be happy to explain the product with you and get you in touch with Calvin. https://www.facebook.com/share/r/163e8ZHv7d/?mibextid=wwXIfr Strike Assist, a new trolling product
  24. Ever since I got promoted in January, Weekends have been trash. I miss shift work!
×
×
  • Create New...