Granular Activated Carbon has changed the game. GAC gets rid of taste and odor issues in water treatment. You can also use Potassium Permanganate or Sodium Permanganate to help with taste and odors. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
It will pick up. The water is cold still. I found it got better once the water temp went over 60 degrees. it also got way better once the alewives were rolling on the surface.
There will be a video on my site this summer. Once the water recedes and I can get my boat in, we are putting a video together. As for fishing with me, I am more than willing to take guys out and show them the ropes.
The IJC website is back up and running. It was changed and they took the reports section out that showed the outflows at the Massena dam. I wonder why they do not want people seeing that info now?
I just read that they are shutting down shipping in two weeks to let a ton of water out of the St. Lawrence. We will see. I guess it will be at the max flow rate. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
I totally get it Rich. I'm not for any more flooding that can be avoided. But to put shipping ahead of flooding is money driven. If parts of Montreal are flooded and we can let more water out of the lake without flooding Montreal anymore, it should be done. The parts that are already flooded are flooded. Why hold back water to only flood more people out that are not flooded yet?
I just read a response on the outflow change to the St. Lawrence river on Face book. If you don't believe it is politically / money driven, you are foolish. Here is the quote" the absolute maximum is between 11,000 m3/s to 12,000 m3/s, however, this will cause dangerously high speeds in the channel and low levels in Lake St. Lawrence, so the board may only want to release 9900 m3/s to ensure shipping may still continue. The shipping industry requires 2 weeks prior notice of adverse flow conditions". F- shipping. People and business are being flooded out. This is costing the towns / counties huge money.
The days that are a blood bath, you learn nothing (other than holy crap fishing is exercise). The days that are a grind, you learn from it. Those blood bath days are fun but they do not help improve you as a fishermen.
Those guys will not slow down. We were perch fishing at the channel markers years back in my 14' aluminum boat and a 30+' boat blew by us on plane. They were only 30-40' from us!
I find it funny that the IJC webpage no longer allows you to open the link to the outflows page.....
http://ijc.org/en_/islrbc/Regulating_Lake_Ontario-St._Lawrence_River
The link worked last week. Now anything you click on the page directs you to the same home page.....