Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Like you need anymore tackle Scott!
  2. No problem. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  3. Fished Friday afternoon with my son and did very good. He counted them when we got home and told me we had 33. I counted the filets and had 86 filets. It was fast and furious for one hour and slow the rest of the time we were there. Lots of 6-7"ers that went back for the future. I was shocked at the amount of teeth marks in the perch. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  4. I run size two behind size two spin n glos and size fours behind size four spin n glos if the are round bend hooks. If they are not round bends, size 1 hooks behind size two and size 2 hooks behind size 4. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  5. I will throw something together tonight. I will pm you when it is ready. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  6. Gambler Rigs will donate a lake trout package to raffle off. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  7. Or you are letting it out to fast. Sometimes if you let it out too fast and you are not going perfectly straight, you will hang up on a wire diver.
  8. I buy clear tubing from Lowes. I cut it into 5" tubes and slit both ends. You feed the line through the tube and wrap the leader around the tube. I will try to remember to take a photo and post it tomorrow.
  9. Or having a chocolate lab come running out of the thick stuff. I had two hikers in Letchworth walking a Britney and chocolate lab with no leash three years ago. I heard all this commotion in the brush and out comes a dopey lab. They got a tongue lashing about no orange and unleash browns dogs during deer season.
  10. I have mine in Cabelas flasher storage bags. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  11. Hopefully the shoreline clears up. It's ugly after yesterday. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  12. Not that I know of. It is so muddy at that time of the year that you wouldn't be able to see them. I have caught lakers and Browns in March with smelt in their stomachs near the Genny. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  13. Of you are fishing the Olcott/Wilson/Niagara Bar area lakers will be shallower. I'm not saying you will not find lakers every once and a while shallower but the majority stay deeper. When I had my boat in I bay, we used to fish lakers in 180-220' of water in early spring. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  14. The lakers start to head to their normal waters in early to mid April. On warmer winters, sometimes earlier. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  15. At this time of the year, most of the lakers will still be out deep. I have found them deeper than they would be in summer. Right now, the water along shore is the coldest water on the lake. The deeper waters are warmer.
  16. Ttt Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  17. Ttt Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  18. Purple Glow Alewive Stinger Stingray was my MVP. Browns and mature kings chomped it up all season.
  19. Jiffy Pro 4 Propane Auger Auger is in very good condition. Only lightly used in 4 seasons (has not been used in that last two seasons). $350.00 local pick up only. I will post pics later.
  20. Isn't he very helpful Rob?
  21. Jointed Rapalas, Storms, Bay Rats, Bombers, Challengers, and Roscoe Shiners.
  22. Snubbers are not needed as long as you use quality Florocarbon as a leader. As for copper, you can buy a couple rods in different copper lengths and run them for the depth they achieve. You can run them off of boards (both big boards or TX44 boards) or down the chute. I do not run them on inlines but some guys do. As for attaching them to the releases on the boards, I splice in 6' of 50lb mono to clip my releases to.
  23. That stinks. I will be in Florida. I was hoping to attend with my lake trout lures....
×
×
  • Create New...