Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Rochester. It has the most consistent color from the Genesee River.
  2. Laker stockings were cut along with the kings for this year and next year.
  3. French River Lodge is a great place to stay. We used to go up every year. It is a island with a bunch of cabins and a lodge on it. You get a water taxi ride to the island. They have boats to rent too. Lots of pike, walleye smallmouth and musky.
  4. It is your fault if we do Tom!
  5. I have 16 of them on my boat and they are built like a tank. I have had zero issues with them in the 12 years I have been running them.
  6. Nice report. You can get a replacement spool at FISH307 for a decent price. I had to replace one of mine when it met a dock post!
  7. Sold! I laughed when I read it after you posted. I think it got more people to look at the topic! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  8. Stupid spell check! It will not let me edit it either! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  9. $20.00 buyer pays shipping or local pick up. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  10. There was a huge dead yote that was hit by a car just west of the intersection of Wilder and Manitou on Thursday. It was there when I went by and gone when I came back by an hour later. It had a lot of black in its coat.
  11. GAMBLER

    Honoeye

    There was a TON of guys in the south end today. You can not get much farther north than the launch according to the reports I got today. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  12. I also believe C&R fish should be handled with care. I also believe more needs to be done to protect the SLR musky population. Why not shorten the season, make regulations that they can not be brought into the boat? That being said, would I have taken a photo of that same fish? You bet. Would I have posted or let it be posted on the internet? Nope. I look at this the same as targeting muskies or other fragile species in the hottest parts of the summer. It is not good for the fish but WE ALL still do it.
  13. My problem with it is, they can not control the level before this plan. A couple years back, the lake was low going into spring. They held back water and got it to the normal level. the second week of May, we had torrential rains for 10 days in a row and then the lake was above the high. I can hardly wait to watch this unfold.
  14. GAMBLER

    Honoeye

    Gator and I went to Honeoye this morning out of Sandy Bottom Beach. If you head there this weekend, use EXTREME caution. The shore ice was sketchy and there are open holes all over the north end almost down to Trident. If they skim over this evening or we get a dusting of snow, they will be hidden well. As for the fishing, lots of 2-7" perch. We only brought home 5 big perch and 2 big gills. Lots of effort for very little return.
  15. Exactly. My wife and I did the same thing that year. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  16. This photo explains it all. All that sand out front is waiting to fill the channel in. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  17. Channel or not, the entire bay is too shallow. The new lake levels are going to make late season worse. Without jetties, this channel will fill in like the past. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  18. Guys were out there the other day from what I heard. The fishing was very slow. I would give somewhere lese a shot before Braddocks with the flasher.
  19. Remember Mark, history repeats itself. Cutting the tree down could keep you from doing this again!
  20. Regular Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  21. I run 300 yds of 30lb power pro backing, 10 colors and a 50' leader and there is still some room left. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  22. Nope. He just runs the normal two diver set up. .
  23. Daiwa saltist 50. 6.4:1 gear ratio and the best drag on the market. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  24. GAMBLER

    Honoeye

    With the abundance of very small perch down there, I would expect slower tip up fishing.
  25. I stopped and looked at the ponds last night. Lots of small holes all over both ponds near the road. The main sheets looked in OK shape but I would be using my spud for sure.
×
×
  • Create New...