Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Let me know Nick. Friday might be doable.
  2. When is this derby? If anyone needs a guy to ride along, let me know. I might be interested in coming down to the fingerlakes.
  3. Our intake at our Greece plant shows 38 degrees and the Webster facility is showing 48. It is really cool to see how wind changes the temps between both plants.
  4. I don't know if my buddy reported it. I sure would have. It was at the Rochester public market. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  5. I can't believe the DEC does not stroll through from time to time. This disgusts me.Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  6. I use Berkeley rod holders. They are sets of four and they have a lock that closes to hold the rod in place. I have a board screwed across the ceiling of my cuddy with these screwed to it. I have the same set up in my garage for work yet storage. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  7. My buddy sent me this photo he took from the public market this morning. Hopefully this clown gets busted! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  8. My buddy sent me this photo he took from the public market this morning. Hopefully this clown gets busted! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  9. I tried one years ago out of Conesus. That was the last one I will ever eat again!
  10. I was just past the docks. My line of tip ups ran across the front of all the docks. There was a group between the docks and another group of guys in the corner off the launch. I did not see any other pike iced.
  11. While you guys were all snuggling on Honeoye, I fished Braddocks. Ice was 3-4.5" and the water was clear. I iced a couple pike and lost one good one at the hole due to a bite off. I also caught a bunch of 6-8" perch.
  12. Lol! You still can. Now you can think of a buck when you are enjoying your eggnog! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  13. Looks like eggnog! Nasty!
  14. I will let you know if I see one in my travels.
  15. Time to man the bait pile!
  16. I have never had much luck with the 00 spin n glos. I have caught a couple fish on them over the years but there are better options IMO. With the rigs I make, there is a time and a place for magnums and a time and a place for the regulars. I have found over 20+ years of targeting lakers, it is all bait dependant. If there are alewives around, Magnums (in silvers and glows) are the go to size. If the alewives are not around, smelt and gobies will be the food of choice and regulars (in glows and bright colors) will dominate. I have messed around with a ton of stuff over the years. I have even tried walleye worm harnesses with minnows on them and caught lakers. There are times they will eat anything and times they will be picky.
  17. What powder? Blackhorn does hang fire if you do not have a modified Bree h plug in some guns. I had to buy a upgraded breech plug for my CVA Accura to shoot blackhorn. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  18. It ends today Pap. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  19. Don't let my wife read this topic!
  20. That's what I am shooting. 105 grains with Hornaday STX 45 caliber 250 grain bullets in an MMP sabot. I would put a photo of the exit hole from todays doe but it is a little graphic.
  21. Nice Matt! What are you shooting for powder and bullets? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  22. Finished off my deer season this morning dropping a doe with the CVA! This deer season was my most productive season in my hunting career. No buck tags filled but three antler less deer tags filled. Anyone looking to buy a muzzleloader, I highly recommend the CVA Accura V2. I could hunt again tomorrow but I have enough meat. Thank you Gator for letting me hunt your property! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  23. It does not matter net or gross. Antlers are only good enough to stir the soup! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  24. Congrats Rob!
×
×
  • Create New...