Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I would not go to Braddocks because nothing has really changed. The only thing that is a sure thing is the price of a slip is going up drastically on Braddocks. With the money being spent on the old marina, you could go elsewhere cheaper.
  2. He is breaking the law by not wearing a life jacket in a boat under 21' at this time of the year! lol
  3. I landed 3 last summer. Their population seems be cyclical. There are a couple years of decent numbers then a couple years of low numbers.
  4. NK is back in business. They were bought out by a Canadian company. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  5. Every time it snows I clean it off. I grill year round. That photo was this morning. My deck was totally cleaned off yesterday so I could grill my steak last night! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  6. A little snow will not stop me from grilling. I just snow blow the deck off! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  7. I would also like them to check fish for botulism after eating gobies. Last summer, there were fish washing up on shore in decent numbers. There were Browns, pike, sheepshead, bass, and rock bass at the same time the seagulls and cormorants were walking up. The DEC said the dead birds were from botulism. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  8. It doesn't help that it involves a guy that has an agenda to bring back the Atlantic's..... Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  9. A big issue in the tribs is keeping and stripping eggs for bait. I have seen guys milking fish stream side, slitting them open and leaving them on the bank, and keeping them just for eggs. Killing trout to catch trout baffles me. With the steelhead and brown population down, an egg ban should be put in place. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  10. The ones we kept (other than the big one during the shootout) were casualties of copper rods. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  11. Looking at my fishing log from last season, we boated 29 steelhead and only box five of those. Most of the steelhead we boated last season were caught fishing Browns in the later part of the season. They were domestics. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  12. Those are the guys I'm talking about. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  13. And I guarantee most tribs anglers will say it is false news! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  14. Looks like the one my neighbors dog found behind my house last year! Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  15. Catch and release mortality on the tribs is another issue. You can't tell me that catching the same trout over and over again does not have a negative affect on their health. Some guys are gentle and handle them properly but some drag them through the mud, fight them on too light of line and exhaust them, use a boga grip and hang them vertically from it, should I keep going? Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  16. We saw a lot of small alewives that are supposed to be missing in our I take at work too. Usually we mostly see large alewives. Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  17. I will not be going to the meeting due to not having power and staying late at work.
  18. I think the lake trout stocking goal is now 400,000.
  19. Rochester State of the Lake Meeting Who is going? I will be there.
  20. Unfortunately, this impacts all businesses. Bad business makes people gun shy when sending people money. It is sad to see this happen because he had a good thing going. Making it in a flooded tackle market is not easy to do.
  21. Ice boom Looks like the ice boom is out. http://www.iceboom.nypa.gov/
  22. http://www.pestsmart.org.au/carp-herpes-faq/ Carp Herpes. This website say it only kills carp. Introduce it to the waterway and let it take them out.
  23. Thanks guys. Competition does not bother me.
  24. You are very welcome Chris. Good luck with the benefit.
×
×
  • Create New...