Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,909
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I have had very good luck with UV stingers for browns and kings. I also field tested some Hammerhead Cowbells in UV last summer and it put some really good lakers in the boat. What I noticed with the UV cowbells is they only worked good on bright sunny days. Cloudy days, they were slower than the original of the same color pattern.
  2. They are in OK condition. I don't think they fold up. I will not be at the LOTSA show because I have to work.
  3. Gobie. The belly fin looks to be one solid fin not two separate.
  4. Conesus perch population is poor but the sunfish / bluegill population is far from poor. Most are stunted and not over 6".
  5. I don't know what happened to the photos. I will reload them. Description fixed also.
  6. I have a clicker replacement at my house. I can do it for you if you want.
  7. What kind of reel Joe? Tuna Toms is great but they are in Michigan. You can get parts from him and do it yourself.
  8. Are reproductions available in more poses now? I see a lot of different poses in skin mounts but the reproductions seem more straight.
  9. I agree the pike creel should be dropped. 5 is WAY to many. 1 or two would be a lot better. Definitely a one pike limit on the ice and use a slot limit in the winter. I do enjoy eating pike but I let the big girls swim.
  10. On top of kings putting on weight, the YOY alewive will survive. The last two years, the survival rate has been poor. We are right on track to follow the 2011-2012 winter. The 2012 class of 1 year old alewives was HUGE. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
  11. I would rather see more effort go into the pike population before they do more with the tigers. Conesus is nothing like it was years ago.
  12. It was on the LOC facebook page. The lake is way warmer this year than the last two. It is even warmer than 2012 at this time.
  13. Invasive or Introduced, you are going to have a negative affect native species one way or another. Call it what you want but I consider both the same.
  14. If pure muskies are planted in a body of water that they were not in naturally, they wouldn't they be an invasive species?
  15. Fish will move to hit a bait PERIOD. Who cares if it is not as far as the fish finder shows. If they are moving up to hit a bait and you are catching fish what does it matter.
  16. My buddy is selling: 2 Okuma Convector 30 reels on 7' Shimano TDR rods w/ twillie tips 7 strand Bloodrun wire -sold pending payment. 2 Super ski plainer boards - $25.00 for the pair He will meet you in the Hilton/Irondequoit area or pick up in Hilton.
  17. I think all this technology has made us better fishermen but some days I causes us to over think things and make it more complicated than it really needs to be. There are days when trout and salmon will streak way up and hit a bait and days when they want it right in their face. The tough days are the days we need to be dialed in.
  18. Mitchells is not far.........
  19. I read articles about grass carp being found in Lake Erie but No Bighead carp. Hopefully that is not true.
  20. If the carp make it here, the lake trout and browns might be the only things left......
  21. What ever it takes Les. Why sit here and see what happens?
  22. There has to be a way to rid the River of carp. Man has wiped out species before we should be able to do it again. We created this problem. We should fix it before it gets even worse.
×
×
  • Create New...