Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Die off. It happened last year too. They are stressed from spawning and not in the greatest health after the long winter.
  2. Snubbers are not needed. Ditch them!
  3. Call lowrance if you can not find it. Some new ones are compatible but you will lose surface temp.
  4. He puts straight 30w in my boat Matt.
  5. Just so you know Shawn, he is talking about Sandy creek in Hamlin not the Sandy creek on the East end of the lake.
  6. They were piled in 120-130 off of sandy yesterday.
  7. They work all year. The water is 39* sometimes in the summer in the depths I'm catching them.
  8. Mono main line with a floro leader. I use floro for the abrasion resistance. Braid is nice for a main line but the fleas end that early. The hookups are way better with braid and the fight is better but like I said before, fleas are an issue.
  9. I run 30lb. They are not line shy at all.
  10. You can run them on a thumper rig or off divers. It is a pain but it does work.
  11. Last season the fleas were around for a much shorter duration and not nearly as heavy. Most years it starts in June and we deal with it until mid August.
  12. Hopefully the fleas are like last year. Last year was not nearly as bad as years past.
  13. I had that issue last season but it was my fault. When the handle meets a dock post it does not hold up well! other than that, mine have been solid for 12 years.
  14. Use a uni to uni knot.
  15. I run the 5/0 90% of the time. The 4/0 work but not as good as the 5/0.
  16. Water is too clear. If the green water sets back up inside, they will be there in better numbers.
  17. It will not fit a mag 10a. It is sold pending payment anyways.
  18. Selling a used Cannon downrigger lock. Here is a link to the lock http://store.cannondownriggers.com/products/390757/Big_Body_Cannon_Lock $20.00 local pick up or $27.00 shipped to the lower 48. I will be in Wilson this Friday and Saturday.
  19. I'm sending you a PM
  20. You are the only person I have ever heard this from.
  21. When I fish lakers, SPEED is the most critical element of the technique. Knowing the temp and depth at the ball is wasted info 99% of the time. I run Hammerheads and find they thump too hard at anything over 1.8 mph (at the ball) and catch rates drop dramatically. Being able to duplicate speed and keep the speed under 1.8 is the number one key to successful laker fishing. Do we really need to know temp depth and speed at every lure? With different conditions at different depths, you will never get the speed right at every rig. Trolling in a S pattern will change speeds and cause a happy medium for every rig. All the extra crap is not needed. We tend to over think the art of trolling as it is.
  22. I run them short on one side and long on the other. Let the fish tell you what kind of mood they are in and then switch it up.
  23. Not really. The ice is mostly gone. Look at the modis imagery from today.
×
×
  • Create New...