Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. You don't know until you try. I have had good luck in the past with Cannons customer service.
  2. Sorry for your troubles. I would give Cannon a call before you spend ther money on a new rigger. Cannon stand behind their products. You might be suprised if you call them.
  3. Stay in bed this morning Nick. The lake is a little angry this morning.
  4. I just add a 1/4" wide x 1" long piece to a normal Atommik fly. It has worked WAY better than cutbait for me. I buy hole herring, filet them myself and put in salt (non iodized) the night before the trip. I hook it on the tourney tie single hook and it sometimes lasts a couple fish. It ends up being a lot cheaper and easier to use than cutbait.
  5. I would not worry about low water in the channel. The rag boats are making it out and I had 6' all the way out last trip out.
  6. I think the DEC reacted right back in the day when they cut stocking. They allowed the system to absorb the shock of the zebra/Quagga muscles without stressing the ecosystem past recovery. I hope Michigan recovers. I can't imagine being on the verge of losing the fishery we all love.
  7. I keep my 2 rod holders at the same angle. I run a 8' rod on the inside and a 10' rod on the outside. The key is to have 2 rods with different action.
  8. Sk8man, He still is around. He Charters out of Oak Orchard and still does musky trips in the fall on the St Lawrence.
  9. Oh how I do not miss using public launch ramps!
  10. Color does matter but really how much color are the fish seeing following a Spin Doctor? I think a white flasher with any other color on it, the fish sees white. I don't really think the see green spots or black spots on a flasher. Same goes with silver, green, black flashers. I think the colors hook fishermen more than the fish.
  11. Thanks Guys. I will check them out.
  12. Thanks Rob and Dave. Looks like I will be making a road trip this week.
  13. Anyone know of a tackle shop that sells them in the Rochester area? Looking to purchase a couple.
  14. My question is how will it deloy over 2 wire divers? With the sink rate more, I would think you would have more issues when divers are out 250 plus and you are running long coppers. If it is an issue, I will stick with the 45lb.
  15. If proper knots are tied, there are no issues. I have been running coppers this way for years with ZERO issues.
  16. You should clip to the backing. I splice in 6' of 50lb floro or mono. Releases will hold better on mono or floro over backing.
  17. Sorry to hear about the boat Scott. Team Dream Catch will get paid back by the fish gods.
  18. Sorry to hear about the mishap. Atleast the skunk was not thrown in the mix.
  19. The scuppers that were on my boat are gone. I had them filled in and my water drains to the bilge. If you have a reliable bildge pump + a back up, you should have no worries. Another way to keep the rain water out is a canvas that covers the entire back of the boat.
  20. I have 3 weigh points in my GPS that have produced for years. One of my late summer king staging weigh points turned into my #1 laker weigh point last year. I used to go through my gps every season and write down every weigh point and it's coordinates after every season. If the GPS died or got replaced, I could go back in a replce them.
×
×
  • Create New...