Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. What brand of reel? Was the reel completely full? What size diver? What brand of Diver? With rings? With out Rings? The reason I asked these questions is line counters are accurate with a FULL spool not partially. Each brand / make has a difference in counter accuracy. Try it sometime. I stretched out wire from a Saltist and a Sealine down the sidewalk in my neighborhood and there was a difference. I still find these numbers off from expierence from trolling skimming the bottom for browns.
  2. Report the incident to the Coast Gurad.
  3. Screw the wind. I would be more worried about this stupid full moon. After todays humbling day on the lake, I hate a full moon way more than an East wind.
  4. We used to put a little bit of beer in a small container and put it in our garden and attract them to keep them off the plants. It was amazing how many would be dead in the little tray.
  5. Please tell me you mounted that steelhead Nick. If so, lets see some pics of the mount! Awesome fish.
  6. Hmmm. It is the busy time of the year for every tackle shop on the lake and the guy does more than just running a small tourney. That might have something to do with it. Gripes like this may make little tourneys like this one a thing of the past. People are not going to go out of their way to run little events like this to get bashed on a fishing forum.
  7. They no longer make the 50/200. You can get a 200 for the unit. My buddy called lowrance and they hooked him up.
  8. Usually around the area the thermalcline intersects the bottom.
  9. I would replace instead of repair. Not worth the headache of losing the derby winning fish over!
  10. After this blow, temp will be down more than 115 for sure. It is down 160 off Rochester so you guys might have it worse.
  11. Last time I stayed up there, we fished from old forge pond up to 4th lake. We mostly beat the docks with plastics for Largemouth. Like Gator, we also had some good topwater action with smallies on fourth lake.
  12. Leave your clothes on Keith and it will not be an issue!
  13. Another Saltist fan here. You will not find a better drag on a reel of the same price!
  14. It has been around for a while. I first saw it about 6 or 7 years ago. I talked to fish and wild life guys and they are aware of it.
  15. I have found scents work better for lakers and browns over kings and steelies. I'm a big fan of smelly jelly in Herring.
  16. My last trip out, we took kings from 45 degree water to 72 degree water. Once the staging starts to creep in, throw temp out the window and fish the marks on your fish finder.
  17. If you want to compete in big tournaments, you need a big boat. Plain and simple. If you enter a big tournament, you are rolling the dice entering with a small boat. I fish a couple tournaments with my 22 but stay away from big money tournaments because most big events will be fished in rough seas.
  18. Tie the front of the bag to a cleat 2/3rds of the way to the bow. Tie a teather line to the back of the bag and put it on a cleat directly above the end of the bag (or as close as you can get) so it keeps it from swinging under the boat. This line can be used to dump the bag when you want to bring it in.
  19. The X4 and X4D is made by Fish Hawk. The old 840 units were horrible but they have really nailed it this time.
  20. I have 2-28" bags and one 36" bag. Usually one or two of the smaller bags will get me down to 1.4 to 1.5. I run a boat very similar to yours. Tie them more forward on the boat and make sure you put another line to hold the bag at the side of the boat. If the bag is wandering off to the side or under the boat, you will steer all over the place.
  21. The X4 units do not eat batteries. I do about 30 trips per season on one set of batteries.
×
×
  • Create New...