Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Only problem I see is the fly will get flattened and not get its shape back.
  2. The Blue Green algea blooms have really changed that lake (mostly during ice season). The weed lines do not extend out to 15' of water anymore except for a small area on the South end West side. Most of the fish roam the open water and can be very tough to stay on. We started seeing the change about 6 years ago. We used to have good days for walleye, gills, bass, perch and some crappie just about every trip. Now you have to fish every day to stay on top of the schools in the open lake.
  3. Nice job Matt!
  4. With the receiving core romo has had the past couple years, the cowboys offense should be unstoppable. Just goes to prove he is a mediocre at best quarterback.
  5. Try being a mets and redskins fan. Most years are like this year!
  6. Nice job Scott! Looks like rob is rubbing off on you. Smile would ya!
  7. Nice buck Andy!
  8. Awesome! That is what it is all about!
  9. This site would not go anywhere. The reports section is the most abused section of this site. Tons of people read it and do not give one ounce of reports or useful info in return. The lurkers would still have access to the rest of the site.
  10. The reports section should be for pro only too. This would keep lurkers from sucking info from the site without giving anything back.
  11. PM me a cell # and I can text you the pic.
  12. 5 home made tip downs in great condition - $35.00 2 Windlass tip ups used once - $10.00 1 Gander Mountain medium action ice rod -no reel (can't remember the length offhand 28" or 30" - $5.00. Buy everything for $40.00. I will not ship this stuff. Local pick up or I will meet someone in Greece/Hilton/Hamlin/Spencerport area.
  13. Congrats Mark and Vince!
  14. I went with the X4. Like Sammyslayer, I can see the weights and my cheaters on my fish finders so I'm not really worried about the depth. The speed and temp readings are rock solid and the probe will work on ANY rigger in the boat without changing out rigger cable. Fish Hawk has really fixed the old issues of the 840. The battery life is awesome. I used one set of batteries in 26 trips on Lake O this summer.
  15. It is way above what it was last year at his time. This is the normal level for this time of the year.
  16. I was talking about musky.
  17. The part of the law the DEC would write a ticket on is the photo graphing of the fish out of the water. This happens every winter on a musky lake and someone posts it on the internet and the dec tracks them down. I think last year it was Chaumont Bay and the year before it was Waneta. Would I have taken a pic out of the water? You bet. Would I have posted it on the internet? Not a chance.
  18. I do it the same way. That thin little slab you waste gets over cooked in the fryer anyways. Not worth the hassle.
  19. Acid wash. Before next season, have your hull painted with vapor barrier paint and then VC17 anti fouling paint. A quick hose off with a pressure washer and you will be done.
  20. I believe the lakers are bigger due to year class survival more than gobies. If he population gets hammered by fishing pressure, it does not matter how many gobies they eat. What percent of the lake trout population makes it to 20lbs? Not a lot. The higher the population, the more chances you will see big lakers. I have seen a drastic climb in he lake trout population the past three year. The numbers of smaller fish are making it harder to target and be successful finding big lakers. Therefor more lakers survive longer. When the laker population was lower, it was easier to catch bigger lakers. There were fewer small ones around to fish through to get to the old girls.
  21. i used this guy 2 years ago. Fast and did a great job. Packaged nice and the meat was not hairy!
  22. Lets see.... I can only have 7 rounds in a clip now. They have not taken guns away YET but this is the beginning.
×
×
  • Create New...