Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. This reel is ready to go. 300 yds of 50lb power pro, 400' of Atommik copper, 6' of 50lb floro between the copper and backing to hold in the releases better, and a 30lb Seagar leader. All the connections are made with Spro swivels and haywire twists with shrink wrap. The drag clicker is getting a little weak but replacement parts can be ordered from Tun Tom's. $100.00 and buyer pays shipping or pick up in Greece / Hilton area. I will not ship to Canada.
  2. French River Lodge in Ontario. Walleye, pike and smallmouth. You are on a 16 acre island with generator power until 11pm. They pick you up by boat from Hartley Bay Marina. There are some huge muskies caught up there in late summer and into fall. The one year we arrived to see a 54" musky being weighed at Hartley Bay marina. We used to go up the last weekend of june or the first weekend of July and did really well. It was a 8 hour drive from Rochester.
  3. I run ATOMMIK copper. Quality stuff from a guy that Is local and supports most derbies and tournies on the lake.
  4. They are going to get muddy after today.
  5. I have run Ande, Big game, Flea flicker, and maxima. They are all good lines. It is freaking 30lb! I don't care what brand you use, 30lb is over kill in most circumstances on Lake Ontario. Before fleas, we ran straight 15lb ande or big game. I find flea flicker is the best at keeping fleas away. I have not tried the blood run stuff but I did try their floro and was not impressed at all.
  6. I will take that challenge Chad. Bring your rigs to sandy and we can fish them side by side.
  7. I would put my custom spin n glow rigs behind hammerhead cowbells up against this rig any day!
  8. That is the reason I tie my own.
  9. I have never had a loop fail. I buy fly bodies and tie my own with my own hooks and Seagar 50lb. floro. At the end of each season, I got through all of my flies and give them all fresh leaders.
  10. I use a perfection loop on the fly and a very large QUALITY snap on the back of the flasher.
  11. I use the 1" sized spin n glows. Find any glow color and it will produce. Hammer head tackle carries some colors. Go to his website and give him a call or email. They are not cheap but the out produce peanuts.
  12. I find the opposite. Off the boards, it is in quieter water.
  13. I have Penn 345 gti's . That is going to change soon. I'm going over to the new Daiwa Seagate reels.
  14. Olliebugga, Buy some spin n glows too. IMO they are better than peanuts.
  15. IT has been slow but it should pick up over the next couple of weeks.
  16. Mine would be a 500. It has been my most productive copper the past 2 years. The 300 was a close second the past two seasons and the best 3 seasons ago. This also depends on where you are fishing. The East end a 500 is a litte too short.
  17. No. I'm fishing on the West side of the crowd.
  18. The Erie Canal is LOADED with carp. I fish them in the summer in Brockport, Spencerport, Greece and Fairport. I use corn and they love it. I use a 1 oz slip sinker with a hair rig 3' from the slip sinker. Stay by your rods or you will be shopping for new ones.
  19. Last year the intake temp here at work got to 36 degrees for the low. It stayed there for 2 days. That happened in early March. This year, the low is 34 degrees and it has been 34 degrees since Jan. 11th. This temp reading is taken at the intake crib on the bottom of the lake in 50'.
  20. I kept 2 and both of them were the skinniest pike I have seen. One had a rubber worm hook in its stomach with a large plastic (looked like a sluggo.). Keeping a couple will not hurt a thing.
  21. I have caught pike every trip but it is slow. I have seen more on camera than normal. The one trip I saw 16 pike in 6 hours of fishing. We have not had the most favorable pike conditions this winter.
  22. 8' daiwa heartland rods with daiwa sealine 27lc's or Daiwa Saltist 20's.
  23. Spend the $. I did not and put thousands into stringers and a transom.
  24. I believe it is 2 tip ups OR 2 jigging rods OR 1 jigging rod and 1 tip ups on the Canadian side Vince.
  25. I was there last Saturday and the drag was HORRIBLE. The crappie fishing has been non-exsistant this year (last year was a fluke). The gill fishing has been decent but mostly dinks and the pike fishing has been slower than usual.
×
×
  • Create New...