Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Happy New Year everyone. Hopefully 2014 is like the summer of 2012!
  2. Nice shoot Matt. Any of those getting dropped off to Greg?
  3. I have run saltist reels for the past 4 seasons and they are the best performing reel on the market for the money. A saltist 40 should fit a 8 color and a 12 will be tight but will fit on a 50. I just put together a 10 on a 50. The high speed retrieval, super smooth drag and the fine tuning adjustment of the drag is amazing. The only downfall of the saltist is the line counter. For the core, they are not needed so it will not be an issue for you.
  4. I'm with you Hasbeen. I started getting gear ready about a month ago.
  5. They were attracted by the football team that stinks up the inside the stadium!
  6. My buddy was out West hunting turkeys and got attacked by a bobcat. He was sitting up against a tree using a box call and the bobcat jumped on his back biting him in the head. He ended up shooting the bobcat and luckily it was not rabid. He had some nasty scrath marks and a couple tooth marks in his head.
  7. <br />Fishing out of my port in the fall derby was not an issue until the lake trout division was yanked . Now it's a brown only derby for us.
  8. You it's want to see slow fishing, try fishing come fish the fall derby with me or Scott out of sandy. Without lake trout and brown fishing we have a slow day on the water. Now we are down to brown fishing in the fall derby. Last year I ran wwaaayyy offshore and found one fish! At he same time, the inside waters were dead and guys off the bar were doing way better.
  9. Hmmm. A bunch of years the Fall derby has been won from Niagara County. Fishing can't be too bad Tim.
  10. My buddy did some research and found most of the time the issue is the primer and the bullet. If the bullet is not tight in the breech, the 209 primers will have enough kick to move the bullet and powder before igniting it. This causes inconsistant patterning in muzzleloaders.
  11. It looks like no steelhead division in the Spring LOC and the $ from that division was put into the king division. The Lake trout division is not in the fall derby again. There looks to be some Big king of the day in the summer derby. Atleast now the money from the steelhead division will be going to a fishermen instead of back into the pocket of the owner.
  12. I have been using them for years with no issues.
  13. I'm not a fan of okuma jammer. Their quality is not there yet. I also like a smoother drag and a higher gear ratio.
  14. I do run a 200 and a 250 copper Chad. I ran a buddy's side by side with the 200 last season and each on had its days. I also like having ALL the tools for the trade. I have no room for it in he boat but I will figure something out.
  15. Thanks guys.
  16. What brand and lb test backing did you use?
  17. Here is a king we caught this summer with a split lip. If used correctly they are a great tool. Unfortunately most people hang a fish like it is underwear on a clothesline on them. URL=http://s29.photobucket.com/user/GAMBELL/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpsaa19397f.jpg.html][/url]
  18. Thanks guys
  19. I want to set up a ten color on a saltist. My question is what size do I need? Can I get 300 yds of backing, the core and leader on a saltist 40 or do I have to go to a 50?
  20. I was thinking the same thing rick!
  21. No need to double it. Mine are single and I have had zero failures in five years.
  22. There are two areas I find lakers and it differs from port to port. When I fished Irondequoit Bay Area, I found lots of big lakers on flats adjacent to structure. To the west of the genesee river, lakers are structure oriented. The structure oriented fish are found in the 90 to 135 zone on the bottom. The flats fish I used to find in 150 to 220 on the bottom. Peanuts and spin n glows trolled behind hammerhead cowbells are the best producers. Fish them within five feet of the bottom at speeds ranging from .7 to 1.8 mph at the ball. If you go faster, your catch rate will drastically decrease. Find out from the locals what depth they are fishing and it will be easy to find them. Zoom your fish finder I the bottom 20' of the bottom and you will see tight hooks to the bottom. 90 percent of the time those are lakers.
  23. Hopefully they work on the phone ap
  24. If you want some free salmon, go to one of the Pro Am tourneys next year and guys will more than likely be willing to part with a few.
×
×
  • Create New...