Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. 2013 was a good season but we were spoiled by 2010, 2011 and defiantly 2012. Unstable weather in 2013 did not help things. Every year is different and hopefully 2014 is close to if not better that 2012.
  2. GAMBLER

    VB Derby

    I heard teds bait is having a derby that day too. 2 derbies one day one lake. The zoo will be open!
  3. Rolmops you might be on to something. Why couldn't powder mill raise kings? Irondequoit creek supports trout all year in the creek. Could we raise $ to support the project?
  4. Thoughts and prayers Jim. Rest up bud. Spring will be here soon.
  5. It would cost a lot less to modify Caledonia and make it 2 separate hatcheries so contamination would not occur. I would think the DEC would be all about saving money in fuel costs in fish delivery since the state only cares about saving money and not doing the right thing.
  6. My father has become a snow bird so he is selling his Frabill 2 man shelter. It comes with the travel cover and a runner kit. He is also throwing in a small propane heater. This shelter is in good shape with low hours on it. Pick up in East Bloomfield. $250.00 firm
  7. I'm selling my lightly used clam Kodiak 1 man shelter. Shelter comes with the runner kit, travel cover and the clam one man storage bag (all 3 are a 140$ value). $225.00 pick up in hilton or I will meet someone in the Greece / hilton area.
  8. I got the word about the age of the 34lb laker on Friday. It was 27 years old.
  9. I got mine at fish307. I think they were around 54$
  10. Only issue with short rods in small boats is leader length when netting a fish. Sometimes hand lining the fish in is a must.
  11. These biologists must be hired by the Obama administration!
  12. Matt, where are you fishing out of? We fished Chapmans yesterday and had 10+" of ice. There was a nasty pressure ridge right off the park. Not an issue to cross a hundred tads down the shoreline. We fished way offshore and had good ice all the way.
  13. When I got a rider on my insurance for my gear, I had to prove I had the gear I have by pictures.
  14. I think this style of tourney is the best yet. It forces the field to be able to fish more than just kings. The escape crew is going to make a showing at this one for sure. Nice job guys.
  15. Is culling going to be allowed? Or first legal fish in the box?
  16. No more super sportsmen or sportsmen licenses? I just added it up and the super sportsmen with doe tags will cost 1$ less than before. That sucks. Should be less with all the decreases in prices!
  17. Yes they are. The Hammerhead blades are my go to bells. Google Hammerhead Charters. He is the maker of Hammerhead cowbells right here in Rochester.
  18. Hopefully they bring back the AM division if it does happen to get planned.
  19. Here is a copy of the Email: For the past nine years Orleans County has been honored to host one of four Lake Ontario Trout and Salmon Pro-Am Tournaments. During that time we hope that we have been able to showcase all the wonderful facilities along with a great fishery that is available along our shoreline. It is with great sadness that we announce today that there will not be a 2014 Orleans County Pro-Am. The reasons are many but the bottom line is that the time has come for this event to, at least, take 2014 off and try to look to the future. To all of the great teams and individuals that we have been privileged to host over the years, we wish you only the best in other derbies and tournaments that you will participate in for the 2014 season. Respectfully, Orleans County Pro-Am Committee Mike Waterhouse Sportfishing Coordinator - Tourism Orleans County 14016 Route 31 Albion, NY 14411 Phone: (585) 589-7000 ext 3103 Fax: (585) 589-8105 Website: Email: [email protected]
  20. I got an email from Mike Waterhouse today saying the 2014 Orleans County Pro Am is cancelled. Bummer.
×
×
  • Create New...