Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I use the 3/4 and the 1" models for Spin n Glows. I have used the smaller ones in the past but only ended up catching small lakers with them.
  2. I got mine from Narby's in Oak Orchard. They are $179.99 each.
  3. Adam, A peanut is a foam wobbler that is used for lakers. Here is a link to a pic: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... A&dur=2547
  4. Nice report Rob. Glad to see the shakedown went well.
  5. Happy Birthday old man! Looks like your 50 year warranty is up!
  6. Congrats on the good outing Chad.
  7. A Saltist 30 for wire. It fits perfect. I believe a 50 is what guys are using for a 10 color and backing. I started switching over my wires and riggers 2 seasons ago and love the Saltist reels. 6.1 to 1 gear ratio and the super smooth drags make huse difference over the older Sealines.
  8. Anyone know where to find a good selection of these locally? I found some at Jay Ve last year but colors are limited.
  9. For versatility, I would go with a 500 or 600 and run it the way you are talking. Lots of times in the season, lots of kings are below the capabilities of a 450' copper. My 500 was my go to copper last year. If you want to stick with the 450, you can add dive bombs to it and let extra line out. As for pulling it when making turns, if turns are made slowly, it should not be a problem.
  10. There is a Yanty Creek that dumps into Lake Ontario in Hamlin Beach State Park. Highly doubt it has any ice when this was posted.
  11. Maybe this will thin out the idiots a little.
  12. These flies are hand tied on Diachi streamer hooks. 12 size 4, in brown/ copper and brown/copper and tan 36 in size 6, in brown/ copper and brown/ copper and tan. I will split into 2 lots for $12.50 for 2 dozen equally split + $5.00 shipping OR All 48 for $25.00 + $5.00 shipping.
  13. Head West out of Little Sodus just past Blind Sodus bay and fish the trench. There is a little red cottage on the shoreline as a good land mark. Fish from there West and you will find it. the smallies hang right on the edge of the drop. My father has a camp on Blind Sodus and still does decent for smallies.
  14. I have pictures of a guy that ripped the axels off his trailer at the Irondequoit bay launch one fall when the water was low. He was not happy with me taking pictures of the outcome. I also watched a guy drop a 22' Starcraft aluminum boat on the ramp at the same launch.
  15. Mounting block on the left sold pending payment
  16. Sold pending payment
  17. Thanks For the Birthday wishes guys! I am working on the boat today but I will use a little more caution after last weeks mishap!
  18. For the line loading up on one side of the reel, tighten the screw under the line feeder. If it loosens up too much it will not work properly.
×
×
  • Create New...