Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. My father ran a pontoon boat for salmon in the 80's. Not the greatest vessel for salmon. Spring browns it was awesome but offshore it did not do the job. The large light pontoon boat would slip to the side while trolling really bad. Trolling with it was horrible in rough water. The only good thing was the room for riggers on the back.
  2. 6 Daiwa Heartland 8' 6" medium action rigger rods. These are the older brown colored rods. $10.00 each or all 6 for $50.00. Buyer to pay $10.00 shipping.
  3. The Heartlands are the black ones for salmon. I just ordered 6 over the phone.
  4. I always had better luck with the NKG's over the Champions.
  5. Leadcore is color coated. The color changes every 30'. So when someone says they have 5 colors out, they have 150' out.
  6. Happy Birthday Glen!
  7. Great fishing spot, Horrible part of town!
  8. Irondequoit bay, Seneca, Sodus, or Canadigua are all good choices. The Lake Ontario bays are easier to find perch in unless you fish the other places a lot. Seneca and Canadiagua are not the easiest places to find and catch perch.
  9. Drive a boat up from Charlotte. Thats about the safest.
  10. My nephew and his 2nd place Laker - Orleans County Derby a couple years ago My buddies daughter and a big laker a week before the summer LOC started My neice with her first pike on Conesus
  11. I had the same issue. Luckily I only tried it on one reel. I switched back to Malin Too.
  12. Not anymore. There used to be. Big Weenie Brand makes a thing that is similar called a Grease trap but they are a little pricey for me.
  13. Are you talking about Cowbells? If so, PM hammerhead on this site. He owns Hammerhead tackle.
  14. That hand crank was useless for me years ago. I had an old Mag 10 and the main shaft sheared off the drive gear. The ball went crashing to the bottom in 180 fow. It was not fun winding the spool up by hand.
  15. PM L&M. He is the man and might be able to help.
  16. Hopefully Chad will still handle the customer service if that happens.
  17. Happy Birthday Tom!
  18. 2 tarpon side by side in the wave.
  19. I need one Cannon deck plate. If anyone has one laying around and they want to sell it, let me know.
  20. I have BIg jons on Berts tracks. They are bullet proof. I had a buddy that works in a machine shop make me custom mounts for the Berts tracks. Big Jon does sell the mounts to fit in Berts tracks if you do not know someone in the machine shop business.
  21. Some guy told me if you soak them in vineagar, they taste the same. I highly doubt that. Some people will eat anything and say it tastes great.
  22. What time are these usually over? I have to work at 11pm that night but want to attend.
  23. I would love to go BUT, I'm working that weekend . Good luck John.
×
×
  • Create New...