Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Hey, I was not out there???????
  2. How would you troll without electronics? Sounds like a lot of lost gear if you do not use electronics.
  3. I have a Vexilar FL8SE and love it. Vexilar, Marcum, Lowrance, Hummingbird, they are all quality. It is all personal preference. Do some research and figure out which units gives you the most bang for your buck. As an example, the Vexilar FL8 fewer options than the Marcum Vx-1 for the same money.
  4. I was looking through our records at work and see that the lake temperature is 4 degrees warmer than it was 1 year ago today (36 degrees last year, 40 degrees today). 12/20/11 it was 7 degrees warmer than 12/20/10. If the lake is colder for a shorter period of time, are our kings going to be bigger? I would think the alewive population would be higher next year due to no winter kill. The rate we are going, Erie will not freeze and the spring fishing will be starting early. What are your thoughts?
  5. If there is not enough iceon the 29th, I can make it. Supposed to go to Quinte with the LOU boys. We will see.
  6. Congrats Jeremy.
  7. Sliderbite is going to go nuts over this news!
  8. Tom, can you PM me the answers so I can compare them to mine?
  9. They are there in the lake. We get them in the intake at work all year. It is in 45 FOW. We used to get them fishing smallmouth in the summer also.
  10. Nice job Paul. I really think those stream run Atlantics are the ugliest fish in the tribs.
  11. I have never heard of noodling Tarpon. Nice pics Steve.
  12. It means you are bumping your post back to the top of the page. I would love to hear Ray K's explaination of what it means!
  13. Happy Birthday Anthony. I hope it is a good one.
  14. $56,500. It is right after he talks about the survey.
  15. Engage the spool and make sure the drag is not all the way backed off.
  16. Floorboy, That is the one. Would you take 15 for the plate and 5 for shipping? IF so, PM me an address to send a check. I only need one.
  17. Do you have any of the cannon mounting plates? I need 1?
  18. I was putting together toys for my son after his birthday and there was a page missing out of the directions !!!!
  19. It would have had to swin far but it could have come from the Niagara River.
  20. My buddy uses them for bass. It might work on Lake O for trout and salmon. I would worry about the hardware holding up to the stress of a big king. Another worry would be the other lures hooking the fish outside the mouth and making them fight sideways. Ever hook a king on a stickbait and it has one hook in the mouth and onither in it's gill plate? Makes a small king fight like a 40 lber.
  21. Why would anyone eat carp when there are Pike, Walleye, and perch roaming around the waters of this state?
  22. I got 5 of them last season. Only downfall is the placement of the line counter. Other than that, there is not a better reel for the $ IMO. The drags are super smooth and adjustments are more fine tuned than other brands (Tekotas).
  23. If they are your Buffy fishing videos , please do not share!
×
×
  • Create New...