Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I hope you plan on putting hooks on those lures Zach.
  2. fall is the best time to find them. You can still find them in the winter if things do not ice up.
  3. That looks like sh*t. What a nightmare.
  4. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family chowder.
  5. Oak leaf grubs look like olive green wax worms. You can find them yourself in a creek that runs through a woods that has water all season and is full of leaves in late fall. pick up leaves on the waters edge and you can find them there. Not all streams have them. To keep them alive, keep them in cool water with some leaves so they can eat. Google Crane fly larva and you will see pictures of them.
  6. I would love to do that some day. Thanks for the offer. I have only caught grass carp out of ponds. Find a large pond that someone has stocked them in. They can be really tricky. I figured out the bread fly watching grass carp and common carp eat cotton wood off the surface. We started chumming with bread and got them to eat it on a regular basis. It is hard to cast without spooking them. Any quick moves and it puts them down. You have to cast in the area the fish is swimming (most of the time they feed off the surface in a straight line), and make your cast about 6'-8' ahead of the fish. Long leaders are also a must.
  7. I understand that. I said nothing about them reproducing.
  8. Never say never. Some "bucket biologist" will dump one somewhere it does not belong. Or they will be farm raised and escape into the river system they are raised on.
  9. No I did not. It was a quick picture and back in. It was caught on my bread fly. It was awesome to watch it take the fly off the surface. I had missed this fish twice earlier that day.
  10. DF, Here is a grass carp from one of the ponds I PM'd you about.
  11. Carp do get that big around here. There was one caught in Round Pond by a young kid a couple years ago that was estimated over 50 lbs. The Lake Ontario Bays and ponds hold some real monsters in the spring.
  12. Happy Birthday Mark.
  13. Capt Scott, If trolling for Lake Ontario Salmonoids is so easy, buy a boat and show us how it is done. We will see how you do in derbies all over the lake.
  14. I twist it around 10 times.
  15. Put more twists in the line. I have never had it slip.
  16. I still say Cisco. Look at the heads of the whitefish in the pictures. The have a slight hump after the head. The Cisco is stream lined all the way back like the one in the picture at the top of the page.
  17. Looks like a cisco to me. Hard to tell, I can't zoom in on the pictures.
  18. Chowder, Well worth the money. Works flawless with the old unit and triducer.
  19. Happy Brithday Hank.
  20. I heard that the one guys was still fighting the dispy and the other guys was fighting the downrigger ball!
  21. One the shirt is blocked but you can still read the hat! Not all the guys wear the shirts and the hats!
  22. In the summer, fishing temp you will find lots of smaller kings, coho and steelies in that slot. Fishing cold water (42* is the magic number) out offshore will produce bigger kings (matures). This time of the year, fish the pier heads with spoons and plugs and you will find majors.
  23. Even better, Scrubbing the scum off the bottom of the boats that belong to the members of this site! I would be up for that but would have to take all the gear off my boat so it did not come up missing!
  24. Canvas Concepts. Greece NY (off of Manitou Rd.) 703-3942.
×
×
  • Create New...