Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. I think you see a lot of guys mad about his opinion because we are trying to get something FOR the sport. The state keeps taking away and making things harder on us sportsmen. For once it would be nice to get something in our favor. He is entitled to his opinion. When you voice your opinion on these forums, be prepared to get roasted by someone no matter what the topic. If you don't want to get roasted, keep you mouths shut. I think Has Been has big enough shoulders to take the heat (seeing that he voices his honest opinion without hesistation).
  2. Looks familiar to me. Great boat. Lots of TLC given to this boat when it was at Sandy. If I had 15K, I would buy it.
  3. Nice job guys. I will be there next weekend.
  4. Ahab, They don't have to be certified if they are COMMERCIALLY packaged and perserved in other means other than just frozen (ie salted). Check the DEC website and you will find it. Mitchells in Rochester was selling them back at the begining of the ice season. They are out of the big stuff. I purchased the last 7 dozen. They did have real small stuff last I knew.
  5. I run the Gander Mountain 8' leadcore rods and they are perfect for copper. They run about $50.00 and have a 2 year warranty.
  6. Looks like this guys kept these 2 musky on Waneta. Not cool. http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/in ... c=13693.40
  7. Do what I did. Take it out and take it to the store with you.
  8. As an outsider looking in (since I do not fish these events), I believe to make it more competitive, and fair, there should be no communication. Why should one team be able to contact buddies NOT fishing the tourney to find out where the fish are? Local teams to that port have even more of an advantage over the out of town teams.
  9. Like Rob, I favor the Clam products. The flip style are the easiest to set up and get out there. I have the Yukon. It is a little bigger than the guide but a lot heavier. If you buy the one of the bigger flips, find a pair of skis and it will make the drag a lot easier. On another note, my father and brother have frabils and they are ok. The fabric, and the seats are no wheres near the quality of the clam but they are much cheaper. The tub (sled) is not as deep on the Frabils either.
  10. Gotta try the Elite. It was a good time. I will be at the Honeoye, Conesus and the Elite. Maybe Silver.
  11. Well said Glen. I feel the same way.
  12. Scott, My brother is not interested. Thanks for waiting. IT's all yours Steve.
  13. Which ones Scott?
  14. You guys are awesome. Thanks
  15. Ray, Thanks for that image! That would be one tight half shirt.
  16. You might want to put some trebles on those Spin Doctors Ray.
  17. Anyone have a pike patty reciepe? Muskybob?????
  18. Looks like a torpedo Tom. Nice work. Looks like it will have a lot less blow back.
  19. Scott, Let me check with my brother. I know he is looking for one.
  20. Tom, Do you have any in todler 3-6months, 6-9 months, and 9-12 months? I want the little guy to sport one from here until the end of 2010.
  21. Nice. That had to be a blast. I got a 34" pike out of Conesus last year on the blue gill rod with 2lb. test and a micro jig. I could not imagine a 26 lber.
  22. Try a copper rig off the back of the kayak. You can get one that is marked every 50' from Atommik and will not need downriggers. Do some searching on this site about copper rigs to learn more.
  23. Guys, I have fished these derbies that past couple years and had a great time. $20.00 to enter and they feed you at the weigh in. The club does a lot for kids to get them into fishing. The Elite Icefishing tourney is like the Trap Attack that used to come to Silver. Here is a link to there site for the dates. http://www.avonanglers.com/ Check the website once and a while. They add poorboy tournies when they have nothing else scheduled. I ahve also added each derby to the calendar.
  24. We caught all the pike yesterday Scott. Perching was slow yesterday also. We only got 2 perch and a gill jigging.
×
×
  • Create New...