Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Billfish, After looking at my receipt, I paid $2,000.00 for the transom repair. It was $1000.00 for the stringers. I sent you the email address of the guy doing my boat.
  2. I use golden shiners. I would bag the fatheads for sure. I fish a little North of you at my buddies house. You are in a great spot. Lots of panfish, walleye and bass. Do you fish weekdays? I have a couple weekdays off next week and I could meet you down there to show you the ropes.
  3. What year is it?
  4. 33Canuck, Conesus is the best lake around the area for big pike. The North end has been on fire this winter. Look at this link from Fish Junkie. viewtopic.php?f=13&t=9144 This is only a couple days on Conesus. Conesus is a great fishery but is heavily pressured. You may need to change your presentations to make them different from everyone elses. PM if you want some more info.
  5. Find one missing the probe and replace the probe with a new style probe. The new probe perform as good as a depth raider or subtroll. No skipping around and no longer a battery hog. The new probes are also 1/2 the size of the old.
  6. Cam99, First off, Honeoye is one of the toughest lakes to fish. One day is hot and then the next day is horrible. A few seasons on Honeoye and you will be able to figure it out. I don't know what you are using but here is my walleye / bass set ups for Honeoye. I use 6' of Seagar Florocarbon with 1 small split shot 2 1/2' from the hook. I use Gamakatzu bleeding red size 8 trebles. Find 2 - 3" shiners from your local baitshop for the tip ups. Set your tip ups in 14 -17 FOW. We find that range to be most consistant. For jigging, very small bluegill jigs with waxworms in 6 - 10 FOW will get you some gills. As for jigging Walleye and bass, Perch colored Jigging raps, perch colored size 4 chubby darters, and silver and green swedish pimples tipped with a minnow head. Electronics like a Vexilar flasher or camera will help tremendously in Honeoye. I don't know where you are fishing but I would walk aways away from the areas hit really hard (Trident and the South end East and West sides). Setting up before first light is always a key for me for catching walleye. Good luck and let me know how you make out.
  7. The redneck that can not annunciate. Oh wait thats does not narrow it down any!
  8. Mick, We saw a bunch of nice northerns on the camera including the one I caught on the jigging rod. That was cool to watch. I really like watching the reaction of the gills when a toothy critter comes cruising by. Good luck on the tiger search. My buddy has caught some really nice ones in September and October pike fishing.
  9. Billfish, I sent you a PM. Mine cost me around $1500.00 and it was cheaper because I was having other things done that saved him time on labor. That did not include the price to pull the engine, Drive, wiring and all the other crap on the back of my boat.
  10. I did look at that fish and it is a nice laker BUT, no way 20 lbs. Here is a the pics from iceshanty.com and you can clearly see the fish is held way away from his body. Look how big his hand is compared to the jaw of the laker. I will give it 10 -12 lbs. On the bottom of this, I'm posting a 11lb. 11oz. laker from Canadice. 32 1/2" long to compare it to. I have seen many 20lbers out of Lake Ontario over the years and that laker would have to eat a lot of lead to be 20lbs. I'm also adding a pic of Trout-N-About's LOC winning Laker 20lbs. 11oz. Canadice 11lb. 11 oz. lake trout 20lb. 11oz. Lake Ontario slob
  11. I think more of the small perch need to be weeded out. The perch population is not hurting on the Lake O bays and impoundments. The numbers of dinks is really high.
  12. If your transom is wet, I would replace it. It cost me around $1,000.00 - $1500.00 for my transom repair on a 22' boat.
  13. I run Spin Doctors on the riggers, dispeys and my coppers. Some days, one is better than the other 2. I alway keep at least one in my rigger spread.
  14. Fished Conesus Saturday and had a good day. Started off with a fat 34" northern on a ultra light jigging rod with 4 lb. test on a micro ice jig. A half hour later, iced a 37" northern on a tip up rigged with a shiner. Last northern of the day was 28" on a tip up. Iced 3 nice largemouth 13", 17", 19". Also ice a ton of dink blue gills. The ice was 11 - 14" and wet on top. Fished Hemlock this morning and it down right sucked. Iced a 5 - 6lb. brown on a tip up rigged with a minnow on the bottom in 84 FOW. Caught one dink smelt on a laker jig on the bottom in 85 FOW. That was it. The ice was 8-9" with no snow left on top. Ask Jax how slippery it was!
  15. Nemisis, Is it a 320 GTI or 220 GTI? If it is the 320 GTI, I will take it. Please let me know shipping will be to 14468 area code.
  16. I would recommend the Simrad. I helped Jax install his and it was a piece of cake. The unit has worked flawless. I have a bad taste in my mouth for Raymarine after purchasing a Sport Pilot Plus and having many problems with it. I sent it back 3 times. The first 2, they told me there was nothing wrong with it. The third time, they finally figured out it did not have the proper lubriaction in the unit from the get go.
  17. Anyone know where I can get Starboard locally in the Rochester area?
  18. Fished Canadice on Saturday. Ice was 8 - 10" and the snow on top sucked. Walked out to 93' of water and set up the tent. Ten minutes into the day, I marked a fish 48' down over 93'. Reeled up to the mark and Bam fish on. After a nice battle, I iced a 7 lb. lake trout. Fished for another 6 hours with very few marks and no other hits. Did see some nice schools of bait go through on the Vex from 40 - 65 down.
  19. Along with bleeding them out, I cut the brownish colored flesh off the back of each filet.
  20. Hey Jim, How about a price? If it is a 340 GTI and the price is right, You mave have a buyer. Let me know.
  21. You guys really think the color of the wire matters? If you run 8' leaders to a flasher and then the leader to the fly, you are 10' + or - from the wire. IMO it does not matter.
  22. If you are running Plainer boards and you see a sailboat (no matter how close), turn the opposite direction it is heading and stay away from it. It will find you and run over you plainerboard in a hurry. Don't ask how I know.
  23. Malin or Mason does not matter as long as it is 7 strand 30 lb.
  24. Jerry you have iot backwards. The lawnmower is bungied to the bike so he does not have to peddle!
  25. PM sent.
×
×
  • Create New...