Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. You can use machines but you can not get them on the ice through the park on the North end. NIce pike Steve.
  2. Stan, I wish I saw this post earlier. I just donated all of my old mags to the troops over seas and had that issue. I will check with one of my buddies to see if they still have it.
  3. Fish Trap Yukon. It is a little heavy and expensive but it is worth every penny. I have one and would not buy any other tent. You can put all of your crap in it and haul it out on the ice with worring about bungy cording everything to the top. My brother and father own the Frabill 2 man and they are ok. A lot cheaper and lighter but not built as good as the Clam. The seats are not as comfortable and as sturdy. If you want to check the Clam Yukon or the Frabill 2 man out let me know and you can meet my father and I out on the water somewhere and I will be happy to let you pull mine or my fathers out to our spot, set it up, and check it out.
  4. Fish the mud plume at the Genesee River. If the mud plume stretches down to Ship builders point, fish the green water in 75 fow or less. Usually the mud plume is a couple degrees warmer and draws a fair number of kings. Some years is great and some are horrible. The spring of 2004 we crushed the kings in late April and early May.
  5. 36" fungus pike TJ's 31" My nieces first fish through the ice
  6. Spoons - NK's and Stingers colors- NBK, Spook, Froggy glow, wonderbread, chickenwing Flies - A-tom-miks - the best quality fly IMO also is made in NY. Colors - Green Hammer, Hammer, Green Crinkle, Mirage, Crazy ****
  7. Rob, You should have seen it Saturday morning. It was a zoo. I had a jerk drill a hole 10' from my tip up. There was a huge section of ice with no one on it 30 yards away but he had to fish right next to my tip up.
  8. The water was way too murky for the camera. You could only see about 1'. I did not both with it.
  9. Fished Braddocks today with Dad, brother, niece, nephew, and neighbor. Iced 4 pike (36", 31", 26", 21") and one perch that was 12-13" with 18 tip ups out. The 36" pike had a nasty fungus on its side like the browns have in the creeks in the fall. It looked like the fungus was on it's way out. The fish seemed really healthy other than the fungus. The ice was 3 -4" with one spot of 1" . The water was really murky (around 1' of clarity). The bay was packed and we only saw 4 other pike iced. The perch bite was horrible. We saw one nice perch caught other than the one we caught. Hopefully the bay will clear up soon.
  10. Nice job Matt. Rochester area on the lake?
  11. Keep your boat in a slip and you don't have to worry about spreading them. My boat has not been in a water other than Lake Ontario in the 6 years I have owned it.
  12. After talking with the glass guy that is doing my boat, all boats are made like crap. Anything over 10 years old most likely needs stringers. Some of the newer boats are ever worse. The Stringers in my 22 year old Starcraft were shot. It does not help that they had drain holes in them from the factory. He said they save time and money and skimp on simple things that could prolong the life of transoms, and stringers.
  13. Ray, was that a pic of FISHINMAN before or after he got seasick?
  14. GAMBLER

    2009

    Happy New year everyone. Hopefully 2009 fishing is great for all of us.
  15. Looks like Ray has hacked into Muskybobs account. Looks like his spelling
  16. You to. Hopefully 09 fishing is better than this years dismal season. Good luck everyone.
  17. Looks like it to me. It just goes to show catch and release really works.
  18. I'm talking about running 2 rods off of one rigger with the top rod cheated.
  19. The X-97 is sold pending payment.
  20. The flashers are sold pending paymeny. I still have the Dodgers and will throw in these free unrigged trolling flies. I will also ship the dodgers at the buyers expense.
  21. GAMBLER

    kicker

    You should be able to if it is mounted low enough. A long shaft would be better.
  22. Yes you can. I do this once and a while. Rig the bottom rod, then the top rod and add the cheater. Its simple. This takes a lot of out of temp fish for me.
  23. That is the way it is w/ most cameras under the ice. The color cameras give you a little bit more but color cameras are useless under 30' of water. I purchased the Marcum V250 and like it. It was $159.99 with a $20.00 mail in rebate late year.
  24. This is the first time I used the camera at Braddocks. I was shocked at the number of panfish too. Lots of dink perch and some real nice ones along with bluegills, sunfish a gobie and 3 crappie about 4" long.
×
×
  • Create New...