Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Don't buy the Sport pilot. They are discontinued and no longer have parts to fix them. I installed a Simrad ap14 on Jax's boat and it is a great unit.
  2. I think the bass population is down in the lake from 1) gobies eating bass fry 2) the big bass die offs 2 - 3 years ago (probally VHS but the DEC will never admit that).
  3. Sorry guys, these have been sold.
  4. Took my 7 year old nephew, my dad, and the neighbor out for a trip on Tuesday. Fished from the creek to the nose for less than 2 hours because my nephew blew chunks all over the gunnel of the boat. Boated 3 kings, and 2 steelies in 110 - 130. The fish came down 70 -90 on riggers, wires and coppers. The LOC fish was a 11 lb. 10 oz. steelie that took a Live Wire Spin Doctor and the At-Tom-Mik Green Hammer out 210' on a wire. Had to run the fish to Oak Orchard to weigh in the fish because the guy at East Fork decided to open at noon instead of 9am.
  5. I have 2 dipsy set ups for sale. The reels are Diawa Great Lakes 47lcs on 10 1/2' Ugly stick medium heavy diver rods with a twillie tip. They are coming ready to fish spooled with 30 lb Malin SS wire. The rod and reels are in great condition. I do not want to ship these rods. You can pick them up or meet me somewhere around Rochester. They are $75.00 each.
  6. Congrats alloutdoorsman! What was the biggest king weighed in? Was it the 29 lb. 7 oz. king that is the leader for the salmon division in the LOC?
  7. Who won the 1st annual At-Tom-Mik / Fat Nancy's shootout?
  8. How do you guys tell your what rod is your 400', 500', and 600' coppers? I have all of my coppers on the same exact kind of rods. I can tell the 100', 200' and 300' apart because they are all different sized reels. I'm going to pick up 2 more and want to see what ideas guys have for telling which one is which.
  9. Freeman77, Irondequoit Bay has a really good population of walleyes. Fish at night along the weedlines using Bomber long A stick baits. The firetiger is best. Husky jerks in the clown, and black and silver are my other favorites. Another spot is the Genesee River. Go all the way up past the Vets bridge and fish near the island. Drift leaches under a float or throw shallow running black and silver cranks. The fish in the river are no good to eat but fun to catch. If you drift leaches, you will also get some slob catchfish.
  10. If you want to put 30 lb. on the 27's, put some power pro as backing then finish it off with 200' of 30 lb. That way you will not get spooled.
  11. I run my cheaters 10' above the ball fixed. I stager the riggers 5' so you are covering a good chunk of the water colum. If there are fish out of temp (above or below) I will deploy a 3rd rigger. Some days, I will stack the riggers and then cheat the top rod. This has taken some really nice browns over the past couple of years. The 13lb. 13 oz. Brown I placed with last Summer LOC, came off of the cheater on the stacked rod.
  12. Snyder, It depends on how far your leads are from the ball to the main line lure. I always get back there as fast as possible and get the line tight. When you are Muskybobs age, it will get there before you put your beer down! :shock:
  13. I run the same as bbolger. The 30 lb. Ande is also really cheap. You can get a spool big enough to do 8 - 10 Diawa 47lcs for around $30.00 through Cabela's. I also run the Seagar in 15 or 20 lb. leaders.
  14. Fishtails, I pulled all of my copper off my reels and added 6' of 50 lb. Seagar Floro between the copper and the backing. It has worked great and it holds in regular plainer releases a lot better.
  15. There is a $500.00 a day derby in Canada. It is called the Salmon Masters. I think it ended the last day of June. There is a link for it on the Spoonpullers site.
  16. I'm with Legacy on this one. If I have 3, it is 2 riggers cheated, 2 wires, and 2 coppers.
  17. Started the morning in 120 off the creek. Hit a king right away off the 400' copper about 14 lbs. Next was a quadruple with 2 coming on the same rod (18 lb. king and a 6 lb. steelie). Ended our day 17 for 20 by 10 am, if you count the 28' sailboat that cut us off, came around the side of the boat, pinned us between another sailboat and caught the plainer board line. We had 1 laker, 3 steelies and 12 kings. 9 of the kings were 14lbs. - 22 lbs. Most of our fish can on NBK, Wonderbread and the Live Wire Spin Doctor with a green hammer fly down 60' - 80'. Ended up losing 1 rod, broke the handle off of the plainer board reel (trying to cut the line it hit my wrist and broke off), and some releases. I got my Otter boat back after the guy cut the plainer board line off his prop shaft. Thank god I only suffered a really bruised wrist and arm. The guy in the sailboat was running a course on his autopilot from weigh point to weigh point without a look out. He was alone on the boat and working on his sail under power doing about 15 mph with his back to the bow.
  18. A 47lc, will only fit about 750' of backing and 100' of copper. This will get you down 22' and possibly spooled if you get a monster king.
  19. If you are looking for a great fishing boat, I would recommend a Penn Yann. The are great boats in rough seas and well built. If you are looking at any used boat, make sure you get a marine survey done on the boat by a reputable surveyor.
  20. Diversion, Were you guys in the LOC. Either way, nice fish.
  21. Ray, This sounds like one of your fishing reports!!! :shock:
  22. What kind of pics are you looking for Ray?
  23. Once I fish deeper than 50' down, I shorten the leaders up a bit. Today I was fishing down 60 -80 and ran 15 - 30' leads off the ball.
  24. Like any ski type boards, they can flip over in rough seas and cause a real mess. If you have ever had it happen to you, you know what I'm talking about. The Otter Boats can not flip over and cut to the wrong side of the boat.
  25. All I can say is WOW. That is one awesome steelie.
×
×
  • Create New...