Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. West marine makes a fiber glass color restorer. It takes the chaulk off the gel coat really good. I have tried using a buffer and it did not do as good of a job as doing it by hand. As for the canvas, Starbrite makes a canvas protectant that works great.
  2. Fish the North end of the lake on the West side on drop offs. I like Deep diving Bomber stick baits. I like running the drops from 18 - 30 FOW. Cover lots of water weaving in and out on the drops. The tiger musky will be along the weedlines in the North end. Cast spoons, spinners, and jerk baits along the weeds.
  3. Bump = Bring your item back to the top of the list of for sale items.
  4. Sandy Creek Marina went up to $4.99 a gal. last night when I was down at the boat.
  5. I would buy a Penn Yann in a heart beat. If the boat is older (no matter what brand) do yourself a favor and have a marine survey done on it.
  6. I started this same thread 2 years ago here and it got deleted. Anyways, Sandy Creek Marina was $4.79 as of Wednesday morning. Hopefully it has not gone up.
  7. Chowder, You will need a Penn 345 for 600' of copper, 300 yds of 50 lb. backing, and your leader. An offshore inline will not work on 600'. You can get away with 300' of copper with a spoon behind an offshore but it does not run that great. You also have to modify the release by adding a rubberband. You are better off running it down the chute or off of big boards.
  8. Try this link. http://www.pennyanboats.com/fiberglass.htm There are some nice Penn Yann boats here. If I had the money, I would be buying the first one.
  9. I have used both and settled with 30 lb. ande pink. For spoons, I run a 15 or 20 lb. florcarbon leader and flasher/fly combos, I run the 30 lb. and right to the flasher.
  10. Chowder, Copper will achieve more depth with less line out. 300' of copper will get you down 60 -65' were leadcore is a lot shallower. Copper rigs are pricey and a little harder to work with. For attaching the leadcore to the backing, I would recommend the Albright knot.
  11. Here is a monster grass carp I caught flyfishing a pond yesterday. Sorry for the pic quality it was on my camera phone.
  12. Chowder, For spoons, I run a 6' Seagar leader off of a barrel swivel. For flasher/fly rigs, tie directly to the 30 lb.
  13. I have sold all of my lead core rigs and went to copper. Right now, I have a 100, 200, 300 and a 400. I have had way more success on the copper since I started using it.
  14. Here is another one. http://www.coastwatch.msu.edu/
  15. Thanks for that Tom. I was enjoying a cookie until I read that!
  16. Rob, Don't you get a lot of line twists from those liberators. My uncle used to use those and he would get bad line twists.
  17. Fished out front in 200 - 225. Ended the day 5 for 7 with 4 kings and one steelhead. Dumped one other king and one steelhead. Stinger NBk Stingray, and that same reject bin NK 28 took all the fish. 5 hits came off the boards with 1 oz. and 2 oz. of weight. The other 2 hits came off the riggers down 30 and 40.
  18. Started shallow for browns this morning around 6 am with no success. Slipped out deeper and tried for lakers. Pulled one in the first 3 minutes and then nothing for 4 hours. Decided to pull the farming equipment and head North for steelies and kings. Trolled to 225 and started catching fish. In the last hour of the trip we were 6 for 7 with 3 steelies and 3 kings. All the fish came in the top 30. The hard part was keeping all the cottonwood off the lines and keeping the flies from eating you alive. The surface temp. went up 8 degrees during the trip. When we left, it was 39.3 degrees down 31' and 56 on the surface.
  19. I know it is true if you go from a single to a treble. I'm not sure about the way you explained (because I don't like single hooks because they always seem to come out the eye of skippers and small steelies.) Try one and see how it looks along side the boat.
  20. It would be hard to net a king with all of those outboards in the way.
  21. I have the same bait caster and I would not recommend it for either. It is a little too lite. I have been running the Gander Mountain Leadcore rods on my Copper and they are super rods. They come with a 2 year waranty.
  22. Just run your copper way out on the big boards and turn a lot slower. Turning slower is the key to keeping them from tangling.
  23. Coldwater, It is off of Westphall rd. right off the lake Ontario State Parkway. It is a free launch. When the fishing is good, get there early or you will be waiting in line.
  24. Legacy, That was not static, it was a mouth full of chicken patty!
  25. I'm with Spoonfed-1. I run the 30 lb. Ande pink. You can get a bulk spool from Cabelas for around $30.00. It is enough to fill 8 - 12 reels.
×
×
  • Create New...