Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. Anyone else paying attention to what’s going on with the St Lawrence outflows? Get ready for high water! The Ottawa is raging so they have drastically cutback the outflow. Last year at this time it was over 8,000.
  2. Lakers and the brown coughed up 3-4” alewife and 3” gobies. I have taken browns on bottom in as deep as 135 on the bottom at this time of year.
  3. After a spring full of upgrades to the boat, I finally had a chance to hit the water. We left the dock at 11am and headed east of port. We made one pass in the skinny water with nothing to show for it. Turned north and hit our first fish in 41’ on a #2 chinook diver out 25’. After a nice brown hit the floor, we continued north. We poked out to 95’ taking another brown down 88’ in 91’ FOW. We went back into 65’ where we had a decent screen. We picked away at lakers all afternoon. Gambler Rigs in Alien and the new Kryptonite UV did all the damage.
  4. 8-8” spin doctors in good condition. Some have never seen water! $60.00 plus $10.00 shipping to the lower 48 or pick up in Hilton NY.
  5. The best technology in its time! My father had one and I could sit and watch it for hours!
  6. I used to run four riggers and went down to 3. I found some days too many riggers slowed the bite. I run one at 50 degrees, one in 42 degree water and one 5-10' above the 50' rigger (or higher if there are good marks).
  7. I don't think they do treatments until later in the season.
  8. I just talked with Dan and they are in the process of bringing the pirate stickbaits back into production.
  9. Dan Kelly from Erie PA brought Pirate back this winter. I'm not sure if he is doing stick baits or not. He is on this site. Look back in the classifieds. He posted about the spoons a while ago. Message him and he will have an answer for you. I will also text him and see if he is doing the stick baits.
  10. Shallow water, flashers and dodgers don't work that well at all. They will work when browns are deeper but not as good as other species.
  11. Lakers will suspend when the water is cold and low light hours. There will be lakers still staying on the bottom chasing gobies and sculpins but they will suspend looking for alewife,
  12. I had this same issue and installed hydraulic steering and a ray marine autopilot with an EZ steer bar. I purchased the products through Rick at Krenzer Marine and they were installed by Tom Barbera at Eastfork Pro marine in Hamlin. It was expensive but it’s really the best option out there. Kicker autopilots work but not as good as regular autopilot units.
  13. First, you will need a vapor barrier paint. I used an Interlux product (cant remember which one). After that, VC-17 or Pettit are two great choices.
  14. I have a large rubber Ranger net that is awesome for sticks.
  15. So sorry for your loss Nick. If you need anything, give me a call.
  16. I have a troll smarter unit. $350.00 and it comes with everything! The wireless remote control is awesome from the back of the boat.
  17. Dave, I totally agree on the lake vs trib battle needing to end. Working together towards the common goal is what we should ALL be focused on (like the new Sandy own project). To sit here and say the DEC came up with these regs on their own is complete BS. We all know that is a huge stretch of the truth. When you have an organization like TU commenting on the proposal (even though some of them will never fish Lake O steelhead just inland trout) it floods the comments and the DEC is going to take that into consideration big time. The regs have done nothing positive to change the steelhead fishery since they were out into place. The steelhead numbers don’t seem any higher and size hasn’t seemed to improved. P.S. when Jessie contacted Rob about using the pens and restarting the Sandy pen project, I was 100% on board and even offered helping Jessie with anything he needed.
  18. Yup, the DEC came up with it all on their own…….
  19. Rochester Reel Repair.
  20. 2.3 - 2.8 is the best range I have found for Dream Weavers.
  21. Tom Barbera is the guy you are looking for! East Fork Pro Marine 236 Lake Rd East Fork Hamlin.
  22. No. K15 need really slow speeds (less than 1.8 or they spin out). Dreamweavers are a heavier blank spoon and need more speed.
  23. They are good from what I hear but they can't be used with wire.
  24. I use parachute cord.
×
×
  • Create New...