-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
Everyone needs to read this one and respond
GAMBLER replied to Gill-T's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
for sale : usa A-Tom-Mik fly identification
GAMBLER replied to jamiechipper's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
Stud and Stud glow -
I-Bay 7/19 Quick Trip
GAMBLER replied to BreakingBass's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
As long as guys release them with much damage we should be in for a great year class in the future. I hate seeing guys take pictures with them and shake the crap out of them with pliers. -
Everyone needs to read this one and respond
GAMBLER replied to Gill-T's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
Sandy 7/16 and 7/17
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Sandy 7/16 and 7/17
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Zero issues with the bracket. The fuel line is hooked to a three way valve in the main fuel line. The issues arise if you don't valve off the motor that is not in use. Don't ask me how I know. It is a Honda 9.9 long shaft with the high thrust prop. Mudflat, I don't look at it as stealing, I look at it as helping out. No worries! -
Sandy 7/16 and 7/17
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Here are two pics that I have Jetsled. The controls and fuel line were originally installed going through the vent on the side of the boat. That’s all going to change this winter when I install an autopilot. The vents are getting replaced and a hole with a rubber boot will be installed on the transom where all the controls, fuel line and autopilot parts need to go. I also added a Trollsmarter remotes throttle adjustment unit. $350.00 for the unit, remote, gimbal mount and al the hardware. It’s been a great unit so far. Easy install and seems like great quality. -
Sandy 7/16 and 7/17
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
This fish is the typical Atlantic. Look at the dorsal fin and how disformed it is. This is the product they are putting in the lake. Almost every one has deformed fins (dorsal or pectoral fins). Before they expand the program, they have issues to fix before expanding. Thiamine deficiency and poor product are two that I see as huge hurdles to get over.
-
Sandy 7/16 and 7/17
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Sandy 7/16 and 7/17
GAMBLER replied to GAMBLER's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
Other than the mechanical hick ups the first couple of trips, its great! More room, and it trolls straighter than the last one. The only thing I miss is an autopilot. That is coming this winter. When you fish for 15 years in a boat with one and now you don't have one, it sucks. The 9.9 Honda kicker is a huge plus. I have used very little fuel so far this season. -
Carlton Island 7/17
GAMBLER replied to Dan P's topic in St. Lawrence River Fishing Reports - 1000 Islands Fishing
I caught walleye during the day in that area 40-70 down along the bottom. The key was the drop offs into the shipping channel. They were right on top of the breaks. -
-
Spent the weekend fishing both days with my son, Keith, Scott and Mason out of Sandy. Saturdays agenda was to fish browns hard and then go scoop up some derby lakers. We pounded the brown water with some decent brown action but it wasn't what I was hoping for. The 3-8lb brown classes are healthy and so is the bait population in those waters (I was able to make cutbait out of the alewife we foul hooked. We decided to bump out a little to get away from the bait and stumbled onto some mature kings inside of 100'. That gave us the starting point for Sunday morning and we headed out to the laker grounds. Laker action was steady but they were scattered way more than normal in the deeper water I usually fish. First laker was a decent fish hitting the LOC board at 18.02. This fish was 39 1/2" long and super skinny. We picked away at lakers until noon and the last rod in fires with another 18.02 laker that was only 33" long. Alien Gambler Rig in regular size behind A Hammerhead Froggy Aluminum cowbell was the hot set up for lakers all weekend. Sunday morning we broke the pierheads and headed to the water we found on Saturday. I knew it was going to be a stellar morning when I got three rods in and all three fired while we were putting out the fourth. The chaos continued into the late morning before we spent an hour beating up the boys and making them reel in lake trout after lake trout. Mason ended up boating an 18 lb laker that went back to catch next year since it would have been the bottom of the board after many lakers were weighed in Saturday.
- 15 replies
-
- 13
-
-
-
Hughes 7/16
GAMBLER replied to Frogger's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Sliders vs stackers for salmon
GAMBLER replied to Happyjack's topic in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?
-
-
-
-
DEC Atlantic salmon stocking proposal MUST READ
GAMBLER replied to fjrider's topic in Open Lake Discussion
-
I run rollers and they are more efficient. The rollers take all resistance off the wire on the guides away. The only downfall is keeping the wire in the rollers. Make sure the rods you buy have guides that the wire cant jump behind. You also have to put the rod in the rod holders with the top of the reel facing the front of the boat to keep the wire in the roller and not the wall of the roller frame. On the left side of this photo you will see the diver rod and the position the reel needs to be in to keep the wire in the rollers.
-









