Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. If Lakers don't want bells, you are running the wrong color that day, trolling too fast or slow or you are trolling the wrong direction. I have never seen a day I couldn’t crush Lakers on cowbells.
  2. A lot of times that error comes in when the probes on the front of the probe have been hit against the side of the boat while on the water. I had it happen before. I purchased the rubber boot that goes on the front of the probe to keep it from happening again. No issues since I added them.
  3. It has been tried before and failed. Hopefully it fails again.
  4. I'm selling a trolling motor for a buddy. It is a Minn Kota Edge 70 lb thrust 24 volt trolling motor with a 45" shaft. It also has a TH Marine handle and cable release. $300.00 and pick up in Hilton NY.
  5. The pic shows 8 releases.
  6. How much for the releases?
  7. I sold my 22’ Starcraft blue water in the fall and was searching for a bigger boat. The plan was to buy a 27’ tiara open. That didn’t happen. I ended up buying a 24’ Penn Yan contender that needed some TLC. After 8 weeks of working on it, she’s ready to go! Here are some photos of what she looked like and now looks like. I upgraded all the electrical, riggers, rod holders, kicker bracket wood, new bolsters, all new vinyl and I added LED lighting under the gunnels.
  8. Congrats!
  9. The entire pond. You just worked around the pond looking for them. We used fly rods with no weight. Chum with bread and make flies out of white glow bug yarn. You will also need dry fly floatant to make them float.
  10. Yes. My buddy still goes there and does it. There is only a handful of grass carp in there. Chum with bread and you will see them. They are usually schooled together.
  11. You have to park in the lot adjacent to the pond. If you park along the road, they will boot you out. There is a parking lot to the South of the pond.
  12. At unity, I'm talking about the pond out front. There are tons of carp both common carp and a handful of grass carp in the front pond. When the cotton wood flies, the grass carp sip the cottonwood off the surface. We made cottonwood flies out of white glow bug yarn and used fly floatant gel to make them float. You could spot the grass carp sipping off the surface and cast 6' in front of them and they would suck it in. We also chummed with bread and did the same thing to imitate floating bread. It worked great and was a blast on a fly rod. There used to be a lot of bass in there but now the carp have killed off all the vegetation and I havent seen a bass in there in years.
  13. If you look at the photo here, you will clearly see the island that is in the background of the grass carp photo. The second photo you will see the sign that is in the background of the carp photo…
  14. You might want to take a ride by Unity...... This is the pond right along Long Pond Rd by the senior living community. when this photo was taken, there was only one pond. A year after this photo, they added the second pond.
  15. This one is from Unity.
  16. The Unity pond is another carp spot but I'm talking the same ponds as you are. The photo you posted is right near my mother in laws work.
  17. There are tons of bullhead and carp in those ponds. We used to fly fish them for carp and it was a blast!
  18. Brings me back to my childhood! Smelling the paper graph and getting yelled at to keep the boat straight!
  19. Running them on a three is the best option. If you are trolling slower, they will go deeper and they will not go out to the side as far.
  20. Apparently You haven’t paid attention to what has gone in politically in this state and country……
  21. If you are laker fishing with 2 cowbells on riggers, you shouldn't need to run divers. They do work but they can get in the way.
  22. A great event for these kids! They gave away 5 shotguns, 4 air rifles and a ton of turkey gear for these kids!
  23. My son was lucky enough to get into the NYSDEC youth mentor turkey hunt this weekend. This morning, he connected on his first bird ever! A huge thank you to our guide JT for putting us on this bird. Anyone with a kid that is a youth hunter, look into this program! The DEC, sponsors and volunteers do a great job putting this on. Next year I will be sponsoring this event!
×
×
  • Create New...