-
Posts
9,908 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by GAMBLER
-
-
Dispey diver rod reel and line set up
GAMBLER replied to tenatureboy's topic in Open Lake Discussion
I run Daiwa Great Lakes 9' 6" roller rods with Daiwa Saltist 30 reels and Malin 30lb 7 strand wire. My buddy bought the new Tekotas and they are great for mono but the wire is destroying the insert in the line guide on the reel. Thats too bad because they are really nice reels! -
-
Rochester. My cannon downrigger power just stopped suddenly
GAMBLER replied to Bustersit's topic in This Old Boat
More than likely its a board. Open the cover and look at the board. Usually one of the components on the board will show visual burn if bad. Most of the time, you can smell it once the rigger case is opened. -
Sandy Update ?
GAMBLER replied to FISHIN AGAIN?'s topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
Jon is doing a great job setting up the shop. I am working with him on getting Gambler Rigs in his shop. I hope he succeed in his venture. We are lacking tackle shops on the South shore of Lake O!
-
Big Fish Friday Memorial day weekend
GAMBLER replied to Nautitroller's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
-
for sale : usa Wtb small lot of optimizer spoons
GAMBLER replied to minion's topic in Classifieds - Buy, Sell, Trade or Rent
Check with Matt French too. I know he has a lot of them. -
Big Fish Friday Memorial day weekend
GAMBLER replied to Nautitroller's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
-
Braddocks 5-22
GAMBLER replied to whaler1's topic in New York Fishing Reports - Lake Ontario (South Shore)
-
-
Lakers off a diver?
GAMBLER replied to HoundsNTrout's topic in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?
I may have a small investment in selling cowbells but they are not my product. I’m speaking from 38 years of experience trolling Lake Ontario and way more hours of trolling lake trout than I’d like to admit! I just did a seminar in Erie PA on fishing lake trout. Cowbells are not my product but death traps are. I was honest and told them cowbells were the better option over Death Traps for lake trout as long as they could get their boats slow enough. I am honest with customers and push them toward what works. -
What trolling fly colors work best?
GAMBLER replied to jmyers345's topic in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?
Atommiks for me in the following colors are my favorites Green Crinkle Stud Mirage Green Hammer Green Hypnotist Net Pen Hammer -
Big Fish Friday Memorial day weekend
GAMBLER replied to Nautitroller's topic in Finger Lakes Discussion
-
-
-
When the season opens, I will have my buddy send photos. Not huge numbers of the 90's but worth doing it. He had some good days on Wautoma and Lewis shoals last summer.
-
I know a ton of bass guys and I don't know any of them that target smallmouth in Lake Ontario during the spawn. Now, dropping the creel limit down from five might be a better idea. With a struggling population, the DEC has failed to drop the creel limit. I asked at the state of the lake meeting years ago and was told they haven't dropped it because of bass tournaments.
-
-
The amount of giant smallmouth coming in Sandy ever spring has increased over the last couple of years. Ten or so years ago, there were barely any that came in during the spring spawning runs. The fish patterns in the lake have changed and they are not in the same spots they were in back in the 90's. Bass guys that are successful are fishing way deeper than the traditional 90's patterns. The population is still low but they are there in fishable numbers. Before gobies, they had to hunt for food. Now the lake bottom is littered with gobies.
-
Lakers out of Lakeview/Southwick area?
GAMBLER replied to HoundsNTrout's topic in Questions About Trout & Salmon Trolling?
Try 120’ and deeper. I find them as deep as 220’ on the bottom at this time of year. Make sure your fish finder is zoomed on the bottom too. There are days they are tight to the bottom and will not show up good.- 1 reply
-
- 1
-


.jpg.58580fac231f4f1c0cc956c3b1866aec.jpg)







