Jump to content

GAMBLER

Professional
  • Posts

    9,908
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by GAMBLER

  1. NK 28's $75.00 per lot shipped to the lower 48. $65.00 if you pick up in Hilton NY. Lot #1 Lot #2
  2. $75.00 per lot shipped to the lower 48. $65.00 if you pick up in Hilton NY Lot #1 Lot #2
  3. You cant hunt in the evenings after the awards ceremony when it gets dark at 5pm....
  4. The ramp is going to be closed for a paving project from what I hear.
  5. The bay itself has been claiming props and outdrives. There is a submerged log in the middle of the bay that guys are hitting.
  6. TTT
  7. Yes. I'm going hydraulic steering. After talking to my mechanic and a couple other guys, its the way to go.
  8. American side of the river is three rods per person. Canadian is one I believe.
  9. Didn't someone here call one of our longtime members an idiot recently because they said his reports were lies and that the lake was dead?
  10. TTT
  11. Outflows this summer were lower all summer than last year. They held the level pretty steady until Labor Day. It is doable.
  12. I have a spare prop that came with my boat that is the wrong pitch. It is a remanufactured 18” x 21 pitch Bravo 2 prop. There is one very small ding in the tip of the one blade. $300 local pick up or I can meet in the Greece / Hilton / Spencerport / Brockport / Hamlin area.
  13. The upper Great Lakes have been running high for years. They are slowly coming back down closer to normal levels. https://lre-wm.usace.army.mil/ForecastData/GLBasinConditions/daily-GLWL-Graph.pdf
  14. Todd, The answer is No. Lake Erie is not controlled by man (a dam). Lake Erie still sits above the historical average. Lake O is below the historical average.
  15. It's not just on the water. There are more idiots on the road lately too!
  16. I have lost 1 rigger weight in 20+ years of using cannon riggers. When I did lose one, I had a kink in the cable and was stubborn and didn't change it out. I replace my cannons every couple of years and haven't had any issues. I have brand new ones on my boat right now and have not had an issue this season.
  17. I do the same thing. My neighbors look at me funny when I'm reeling cooper on a reel through the neighborhood!
  18. I use Atommik and will never use another brand. Toms product is top notch and he has great quality control.
  19. Best way to safely winterize is to have an insured mechanic do your winterization. If he screws it up, you get it fixed on his dime!
  20. There is no way I would ever put anything for human consumption in that cooler after it has had laker poop in it! There isn't enough bleach in the world!
  21. Were they near the eastern pier? I had 5’ all the way in yesterday.
  22. Fished the last Bald Eagle tournament of the year with two buddies and my son. We started off in 90’ to find warm water had rolled back in. Temp was 58 degrees down 85’ and still 50 degrees down 140. We worked inside for the first hour boating a couple skips and losing one mature. We moved out to 200-240 and found tons of bait and a decent screen. First mature was a 26.08 that took a Stinger Stingray Angry Bird. Next mature was an 18.0 that took a Moonshine carbon 14. After that mature, the skippy parade started. At 10:30, we headed south to try to find a big laker to get our third fish for the Bald Eagle tournament. We struggled to even find any lakers with temp so deep. We boxed one small laker. It wasn’t enough to place but it was a fun day. Congrats to Brian Ward and his box of big kings!
  23. I will take them off your hands. let me know and I can pick them up.
  24. It is in the Democrat and Chronicle daily and it is given to the National Weather service every morning at 7:30 am. I am not sure if the National Weather Service publishes the temp on their website or not. The Democrat and Chronicle data is 24 hours old. If you ever need it, feel free to pm me and I can get you in the live temp if I'm at work. It is nice to know so you have a round about starting point in the morning!
×
×
  • Create New...