Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. 5:30 will be lift off. No work for you sat.?
  2. Sat. a.m. baby! Jerry, make sure you clean up my dad's "deposit" can collection before your family gets on the boat!
  3. I think ff line is a "Godsend". I used to use 30# mono before this year and started seeing fleas show up on that! I switched this year. A buddy of mine has used it for 3 years and loves it. If you get it, get the 20# line NOT the 30# line. Big diff. 30# is awfull.
  4. "Man Rule" #6- Always have that secret spot to hide extra cash. My answer to your question would be a hammer fly. Isn't fishing lures just like pringles? How could you take just one?
  5. I would try including Sandy Creek also. I would bet a bunch of us would participate. I can think of at least 5 boats off the top of my head for sure. Just my 2 cents. Thanks
  6. Went 9-11 in 60'-80fow around watoma shoals this morning. Mixed bag of fish w/ an 18# king being the biggest. 45'-55' down on the riggers w/ purple thunder 28's being the best. No hits on the divers today for some reason.
  7. Funny rob, I don't see any nbk stingrays for sale?
  8. Sorry for the late report (carnival, seabreeze and all that family stuff). Other than a couple boats, it seemed to be pretty slow sat. morning. Fished 60-170fow and went 3-5 w/ a 8# bow as the biggest. Temp was between 45 and 60' down. Nothing particular for info as we were all over the place trying to find something. We quit in about 55' and saw some bait and fish in there and I kicked myself for not moving in closer earlier that morning. I think the banana's Rob ate during the morning was a bad sign for things to come! :shock: Gonna try to get out thursday again this week. Good luck.
  9. I'm glad I wasn't the only one that thinks dreamweaver hooks stink! Some of them are so bad you can't even sharpen them. I have to replace the hooks. Thats alright, I'm done buying them.
  10. Many of outriggers have seen better days over the years cause of that bridge.. Some were ruined and some people made them a little shorter. :shock: Rob, let's not hope your next w/ your new ones!
  11. The $30 one is what we use.
  12. Ditto on the Berkley. It's just about perfect. Any scale or electric knife made by rapala have been unreliable.
  13. Friday temp was 60degrees down 110' in about 130fow w/ an awfull current. Went 1-5 staying in tight and quiting around 10am. Sounded like fishing was fairly slow for most. A couple boats did well in that 300-350 range. Saturday we fished 300-350fow W/ 51degree temp at about 60' down. Went 6-9 till about 9am and started a south troll to 160fow and quit at 1030am. No fish on that south troll. Other boats were still picking at them out past 350fow. 58'-70' down was the best w/ gr/silv/glow fishlanders. We entered a 11.12# bow for the derby. I guess the inside waters today were way diff. than yesterday. I heard of some good catches in there also. After yesterday I wouldn't of believed it! Good luck, were done for the weekend.
  14. The butter pretzel rods are delish! Don't forget the peanit butter filled ones too!
  15. We had a bow monday that was skinny and beat up also. I've got to stop picking the wrong day to go fishing. Hope to be out friday and sunday. Nice job Brian.
  16. We got lucky w/ that brown today. I wasn't really set up for them. I do think it will be soon though. Might be a little too much current for them right now. We'll be out again this coming weekend. Good luck.
  17. Slow again. Went 3-6. 14#king, bow and a 11.5#brown we weighed in. 100-150fow. 80 and 85' on the riggers. sd/fly 180' were the dipsey fish. 63 degrees at about 80' down then it's 46 degrees at 85' down. Plenty of activity on the screen, but the fish just aren't cooperating. At least they are there for when they do decide to turn on.
  18. Sloooooowwww. Due to the weather we didn't get started till about 715 and I didn't want to go very far offshore. 4-7 w/ a 12# king. Rest were lakers. Screen looked awefull between 160 and 230' so we came in and tried for browns in 60' w/ one hit. Temp was 50degrees down 60'. Still lots of bait on the inside. Maybe the thunder storms threw them off. I may be out again monday morning. Good luck
  19. Awesome rob! We'll be out in the a.m. If you wan't a ride give me a call.
  20. We do that also. Sometime I'll rig the outside riggers w/ a lure straight off the ball and a dipsey stacked up a little higher, to the side and a little further back. I can get multiple V patterns or a bigger V pattern w/ my 5 riggers.
  21. I have a report two down from this one.
  22. Gene, I've been there in august, but not as late as september. I would think the fishing would be better in the fall than in august. Rob, It's too bad comic's cafe closed, cause you could keep that place open with them witty jokes! It's a funny thing. The corners of my mouth don't go up very good. I'm alway's smiling from within.
×
×
  • Create New...