Jump to content

Silver Fox

Professional
  • Posts

    4,384
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Silver Fox

  1. Was out 2 saturday's ago and was at the islands this past weekend. I'm going to try to go sunday morning this weekend. Give me a shout if you go sunday.
  2. You wouldn't believe it but, Mill's also. #2 cottage. Been going there around 25-30 years. We did some big perch in 15-20 fow out in front just to the right, also about 3/4 mile east, down from mill's just past the end of big round.
  3. We caught a bunch of bass trolling hot-n-tots around a couple islands near clayton in 15-25 fow. Sunday night the bite went dead and the first hour this morning was dead too. So I put on a tube jig and got 7 between 13 and 16.5" in about 3 hours. Also caught my first walleye at about 830pm sat. night w/ the hot-n-tot. I've fished my whole life and you would think that I would stumble on one before this! I think the people of Clayton could hear my suprise also! BTW: Rob and Rick, I'm waiting for the smile jokes.
  4. Hey Joe! How's the new ride working? Probobly awesome huh? That brownie bite should start kicking in a couple weeks. Usually in july they turn that feed bag on pretty good. Hopefully this year is no different.
  5. That is the correct new york team logo to have on your sons hat! Unfortunately you still live w/ the cavemen and can't watch them play!
  6. Their were 2 books in the webster dick's as of friday.
  7. 20# fleaflicker and you'll never know the fleas are bad.
  8. The precision trolling guides are 20 bucks. They have charts for all the dipseys, lead, jet divers, snap weights and other stuff. The last one I saw was at dick's. Call around you might find one. Maybe online also. It is my bible on the boat.
  9. Rick, What are you using on them? I only get them trolling. If its a tube, are you crawling it on the bottom or hopping it?
  10. Went 5-7. 2 small kings, rainbow and 2 lakers we got on the bottom. Lost 2 other decent fish. 100-200 fow and 15-35' down. No pattern to anything. Fish are scattered horrible. It was 40 degrees about 60' down. Heading to Clayton next weekend. Back out the weekend after that. Good luck
  11. No snubber here either.
  12. They are a very good spoon, but unfortunately I have to replace the hook on any DW spoon I buy. Hook pts are very dull. Am I the only one that has noticed this?
  13. I'll see ya sat. morning then.
  14. Yes that is 10 colors. I put the bomb on after the first color. Some put it on at the 5th color. I also have a couple 3 color rods and put a 2oz bomb on to make it go down about 25'-30' instead of the 15' you'll get w/ just the 3 color.
  15. Sorry Matt, I sold some w/ some other spoons over the winter.
  16. I bought 3 of them over the winter and put new core on them and used the leftover core and made 2 three color rods. The gear ratio is a bit better and they are very smooth. I am very glad I converted to them. See ya soon!
  17. Joe, Go to the stiger site and you'll see dive bombs. They are a weighted "lip" that attaches to your line or lead core. They have 1oz, 2,3 and 4oz. Every ounce gets you about 8 more ft. down. Ex: 4oz bomb on your lead will get you between 80 and 90' if you have the knot at the water. Long story on the pro-am. I'll catch up to ya later on that. I think we'll be fishing sat. morning. I'll talk to ya on the water if you go yourself or give me a ring.
  18. I'm using dive bombs w/ my cores now and their the cats asssss. They should work w/ copper also.
  19. We figured we needed 12 fish and a crapload of pounds to even sniff any money,and we didn't, so we got an early start heading home. Not fishing the oak next week. Good luck to all who do!
  20. We will be there also. BTW: Has anyone received a confirmation letter along w/ a boat #? I have not. Just curious.
  21. Thanks for the invite. That was real nice of you guy's. The boat was fixed today. We'll be at the town marina thur.-sunday. Check your PM box.
  22. WTG Joe. Maybe we'll see ya up at olcott fri. The boat has a problem and I'm not sure if it will be ready for the pro-am. Glad to see your enjoying your new ride! I would love a new ride right about now.
×
×
  • Create New...