Jump to content

Sk8man

Professional
  • Posts

    13,929
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sk8man

  1. Welcome aboard Ian. I think you will find some very dedicated and capable musky fishermen among the various fishermen on this site and they share wonderful information and experiences with the rest of us. Cancer has touched many of our lives and as mentioned stay as positive as you can as it does make a significant difference. We wish you the best of luck with your treatment as well as the fishing for the toothy beasts and will be interested in hearing about your upcoming adventures
  2. Thanksfor the report JIm. At least the temps are coming down now. You at least found some. last timeoutthe water was 73.5 and we caught two and that was all we saw so things may be starting up soon.
  3. Thx Mike and Congrats to Harvey
  4. Good going Mike and congrats on the overall. Do you have the place results etc.?
  5. Although I share concerns about privacy and potential improper use by "big brother" folks should be more concerned about the private use of drones as hazards to safety, interference with aircraft, and the potential for terrorists and "nutcases" to remotely deliver explosives etc. The fact that they aren't being closely regulated and are widely available without any controls is pretty scary.
  6. Mike I suspect that the water temps will go down considerablty over the next two weeks and this is directly related to disolved oxygen levels inthe water and also affects fish metabolism. They are more fragile in this exceptionally warm water right now (with reduced oxiygen) and I suspect that Pequod's method may be all that is necessary by the 15th as that water should be sufficiently cooled down. If not, the aerator combined with just putting a couple cubes in the water gradually every so often should keep the water suitable in a decent sized cooler without a ton of other fish in it using up the oxygen. Just keep the other fish to be kept in a bucket or something.
  7. For the last ten years I have done the same as Justin...one in the boat one in my wallet.
  8. Yeah Rollie...what is the scoop on the brown beauty?
  9. Was that 6th one a large imaginary fish Brian?
  10. If anyone can get it figured out today it will be you Brian. What is the weed report?
  11. I'm sure that guy was glad you were out there anyway
  12. Pap I don't actually use any of the front releases I tighten them down to the max (carefully) and sometimes if rough water I wrap the braid a couple times around the release so it doesn't slip and release and then I take the boards off as they come in whether fish on or not. If you bring them in fairly quickly they won't "dive" on you. If they do - point the rod downward right at them and they will surface. The flags on my boards are only for visual aid to keep aholes from running over them.
  13. Sometimes helps to gradually put ice cubes in water to bring down water temp too
  14. Mike get one of those $15 aerators from Walmart in the fishing section and run it in the cooler
  15. Pap - I have sets of the TX44 (larger inlines from Church) and the smaller Walleye boards as well that I have used for quite a few years now instead of the big boards. The Walleye boards will pull a 10 color leadcore or a 300 copper just fine with spoons or regular sticks but not sure about large aggressive divers. You can to a degree compensate for weight with the walleye boards by loosening two screws on the weight and moving the weight along the bottom of them forward or backward. The Walleye boards pictured above can work fine for salmon, trout or Walleyes. I don't use the tattle flags as most of my fishing with them is for trout and salmon but for the eyes they come in handy as I have used them before. They will let you know light biters and these eyes that just cling to your line without doing much and may look like weeds on the board from looking at the rod tip. They make the flags for both the Offshore and Church boards and it is possible to make your own as they cost nearly as much as a board when bought separately. When running them from braid you'll want to replace the plastic pins in the back with metal ones because the braid can cut through the plastic by see-sawing back and forth.
  16. Is this post messed up? There were more guys on the list previously
  17. Nice going....now you'll be vulnerable to someone playing a tape of a screaming drag going out when you alll asleep and laughin at you when you jump up to grab the rod....welcome to the brotherhood
  18. Might something be clogging up the pump somehow and trigering the breaker?
  19. And the winner of this years perch derby is: ?
  20. Incredible trip Sean and the ultimate father/son experience. Congrats to both of you
  21. Good one
  22. I believe it...surprised he didn't bring fish back from LA
  23. I don't thnk even a bad cook could f up a walleye..my favorite freshwater fish to eat. Looks like you and Jim cleaned up onthem Brian Real beauty of a laker and mount John... Congrats!
  24. Dylan - I think you lucked out in getting the information you did from John Powell. He is a MASTER rod builder as well as a very knowledgeable boater and fisherman and I'd say you can take that info to the bank. It is great that John shares his expertise on here.
×
×
  • Create New...