Jump to content

Sk8man

Professional
  • Posts

    13,929
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Sk8man

  1. I sure hope things improve Stan.....I know reports from the traditional spawning areas and gateways to them (e.g. Cook Inlet) have not been encouraging in the past few years for salmon from everything I've heard.
  2. Very well put Mike
  3. You earned your fish in this weather
  4. Might also want to check the inflation on the tires -
  5. Pretty cool Ed first time I've seen that.
  6. Looks like North end of Keuka fish to me.
  7. Sounds as though the axle needs to be moved to re-distribute the weight. Sounds like a lot of tongue weight to me. You should also have a full tank of gas in the boat so it doesn't slosh back and forth. Often the width of the wheelbase can be a factor but it shouldn't be with that truck. I had to get an Expedition rather than the Explorer because of that issue. I also had to have the axle on my trailer moved a couple times before the weight of the boat was right. Prior to that it was like going down the road and having the tail wag the dog as the front wheels of the Explorer were nearly off the ground.
  8. I think this is the link for the Duckhunters Club : http://senecalakeduckhunters.net/
  9. Sk8man

    UPGRADES

    And all this for just $19.99.....and wait....you can get a second set of everything... just pay shipping and handling.... Holy cow! are you folks set up or what? The fish don't have a chance this season
  10. Brent - You picked out some real good ones . I had a lot of luck with the bows last year with those lures both on Canandaigua and Seneca and I intend to give them a real good workout this season as soon as I can get my boat out there. They are great lures and I know Jason is very dedicated to making them as high quality as possible. I'll be giving my Suttons etc. a rest this year for sure....
  11. You might want to think about just PM'ing info
  12. There used to be a place right on Wellesley Island where you could get the Canadian license....just can't remember the name of the place It was a ways from the park though. Maybe ask at the park gate or at the store at the boat rental launch
  13. Not exactly a new method....been done for many years but for a number of recent years much of Keuka hasn't frozen enough (especially the Branchport arm) to get out there to do it.
  14. Hundreds of thousands of good perch spots on that big lake and they play "monkey see monkey do" and then wonder why they don't catch anything...and spoil the shore fishermen's day in the process (who don't have the ability to go to the other spots) pretty lame to me. One of them even started his motor out of the water and let it run for about a minute before launching.....good luck with that!
  15. Mike you must be turning 100 pretty soon aren't ya?
  16. I counted 47 boats that launched there yesterday morning and they were lined up about 50 ft from each other from the beach at the north end to well past the south end of the breakwall....pretty ridiculous and most didn't catch a damned thing
  17. Cody did you update the software that came with the Lowrance HDI with the latest update? http://www.lowrance.com/en-US/Software-Updates/Elite-40/
  18. Looks like freshwater sculpin to me too
  19. I don't think you want to test out the line.... now that significant security concerns are heightened both sides monitor very closely and will intercept and detain you if you stray too far.
  20. Welcome to LOU ...I too used to live there on West Avenue in the village.
  21. I caught this this morning at Seneca Lake Park marina on a jig and spike while fishing for perch and it was about 17 or 18 inches long. It may be a golden shiner but it is by far the largest I've ever seen and its scales and body shape were more carp like but the mouth and head are more like a shiner. I threw it back unharmed anyway.
  22. Good thing you weren't at the north end Rollie it was 4-5 ft waves today
×
×
  • Create New...