I have the current line counters and have a chance to pick up a couple older ones to use for wire. Is the position of the line counter that big of an issue? I love mu silver non counters. I use the more current version for braid divers. Appreciate it.
With a track system on modern boats, is using an individual downrigger mount like crestliner sure mount stronger then using the a track mounted on a few mounts with the downrigger and other items. Was curious if using a track strengths the connections.
For those of you using these for, what type/amount of backing with 30lb wire? I have blood run wire if that helps. Thanks. They have a bit larger capacity than saltist 30it seems.
I certainly do feel fortunate to have fished Lake O in the 90’s, not only because the fish were much bigger but you also used 12-17lb line and downriggers. It was just simpler and less heavy tackle.
I have some twili tips, looking for 7-7’6” foot rods for wire diver. Will the aluminum oxide rings on standard talora rods work? Or TDR with same guides? If not any suggestions would be great. Thanks.
With the smaller diameter what is a likely out come for copper length with braid backing? This would be for smaller kings out west and occasional Great Lakes salmon, was hoping for 200-250 but that might be a stretch. Thanks.
Only troll salmon about 10% of boat use. How accurate is the slipducer.? Will be getting a lithium multi and think the slipducer would be most convenient, but not against the traditional transducer if there is a big advantage. The sea sucker mounting board would be useful as well with the standard transducer. Appreciate the help.