Shakedown Trip on the new to me whip!  If you have been following my reports over the last few years you would of seen my recreational boat turned into a fishing boat.  Sunday I was lucky enough to purchase a legit fishing boat from a friend of the FLTA before it was even listed!  

Got out on the big lake about 6pm and trolled into the stiff breeze in about 30 feet of water right before shipbuilders creek. As soon as we slid into 17 feet  we doubled up on some spring kings that gave a show but never made it into the boat.  One broke off and the other came loose. One was on a custom blue and red hammered spoon the other on a stingray size NBK.  

We turned around at Webster park and headed with the eastern breeze and boated a nice Atlantic and 2 browns pretty quickly.  

Over all we had a good shakedown and got 4 in the boat and lost 4.  

Best setup was a perch styled stick bait and 80 foot weighted steel right on the bottom running a NBK and the blue and red hammered custom seen In the pics.  

Also thanks to the guy who picked up my planer and actually called the number to return it.  

6D86FDCD-2A17-4251-9E82-DDB550A14416.jpeg

FE6B30F9-4366-41E2-9039-9741E820650A.jpeg

7E0D817D-885D-4AE1-869F-1DE7B1C29C5F.jpeg

95D3B7C7-6D88-4C57-BBD5-03DD07F77228.jpeg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, troutman10 said:

Nice report and congrats on the new boat. What did you end up getting? 

I got a 2002 trophy WA from a member of the FLTA club who’s the second owner. It’s always lived on a trailer, never salt and was re powered with a evinrude e tech.  

she was great in the rough water too!!  

I am planning on bringing her down to for the canadaigua lake trout derby this year for the weekend and staying in the cuddy for the weekend.

We’re you planning on being there?

anthony