Canandaigua Cdga 5/5

Got out for a solo trip yesterday.  Trolled west shore from drop off area in Woodville up to Bristol Harbor area looking for rainbows. Ran rigger around 40' down with cheater 20ish along with 2 mono flat lines out each side with planers. Ended up catching 3 14-18" bows. They lived to see another day. Changed up colors as I went. Got 2 on stinger standard spoons and 1 on a black and silver smithwick. Good to be out after crappy week of weather. 

20230505_112658.jpg

20230505_112215.jpg

20230505_120922.jpg

• Like 1

Did the bows look in good condition for their size that lake has some beautiful bows in it. Can you tell me what the water temperature was at the depth you were fishing & were you marking bait thanks

1 hour ago, Trouthunter said:

Did the bows look in good condition for their size that lake has some beautiful bows in it. Can you tell me what the water temperature was at the depth you were fishing & were you marking bait thanks

The fish looked in good condition. One had a mark on its back from what I would guess was an avian predator trying to catch it at some point. Not sure the temp 20-40' down. Fish hawk got to my house later in the afternoon when I was off the water. Marked some bait around 100' in a few spots. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/6/2023 at 2:50 PM, troutman10 said:

Got out for a solo trip yesterday.  Trolled west shore from drop off area in Woodville up to Bristol Harbor area looking for rainbows. Ran rigger around 40' down with cheater 20ish along with 2 mono flat lines out each side with planers. Ended up catching 3 14-18" bows. They lived to see another day. Changed up colors as I went. Got 2 on stinger standard spoons and 1 on a black and silver smithwick. Good to be out after crappy week of weather. 

20230505_112658.jpg

20230505_112215.jpg

20230505_120922.jpg

Any tips or pointers fishing this lake? I’ve only been on the lake 3 times with little success. What are the best depths to focus on? 100’ and shallower? North end or south end? I think we fish 2 deep with only 1 fish for the weekend. Any tips to get me in the right direction would be appreciated. Thanks so much

I personally stay in the upper 55 feet of water if after bows this lake has great rainbows keep speed at 2.5 or higher also do not be afraid to run cheaters fixed or sliding run bright colors my favorite are michigan stingers scorpin south end is the best have over 40 years fishing this lake

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trouthunter said:

I personally stay in the upper 55 feet of water if after bows this lake has great rainbows keep speed at 2.5 or higher also do not be afraid to run cheaters fixed or sliding run bright colors my favorite are michigan stingers scorpin south end is the best have over 40 years fishing this lake

Thanks/ every little bit of info helps put the puzzle pieces together. What are the line setbacks of the riggers?  

19 minutes ago, Tsiecz said:

Thaniks/ every little bit of info helps put the puzzle pieces together. What are the line setbacks of the riggers?  

I LIKE FROM 75FT TO 100 BACK BUT CHEATERS ARE 25 FT AT MOST SODO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHORTEN THEM

I HAD AS MANY AS 7 LANDSEERS & TWO BLACKS HAVE A LANDSEER COMING NOW FROM EUROPE SOON WORKED WITH ROGER FREY ON WATER TESTS WE MUST GET TOGETHER SOMETIME & FISH TOGETHER NICE MEETING YOU ON TEXT LOOK FOR ME IN EITHER A 22FT ISLANDER OR A 26FT ISLANDER MY NAME IS CAPTAIN CLARKE