Help with Fish Hawk x4

ktkrause

This is an odd request but I am having problems with my Fish Hawk unit.  I have gone through all the self-diagnostic steps suggested by Fish Hawk which seems to confirm that there is indeed something not working.  Their suggestion to further debug the problem (head unit, transducer, probe, cable) is to reach out to someone that that has a working unit and since the components are interchangeable use the working unit to diagnose which component is not working by swapping them.  The Fish Hawk x4 is not currently installed on my boat so I can take it with me.

Would anyone be willing to assist me in trying to figure out what might be wrong with my Fish Hawk System?

Thank you.

Kevin

Thanks for the quick reply.

Here is more detail:

Ambient temperature from transduce works, but is not picking up surface speed from transducer nor is the transducer picking up down speed/temperature from probe.

I could care less about surface speed as I will get that on my fish finder, but the down speed/temperature is needed.

So it could be:

* bad transducer not picking up probe and also not feeding surface speed to head unit

* bad probe - although probe does have blinking led when metal tips are moistened

* bad head unit not receiving information (except ambient temperature from transducer)

Hard to diagnose with out a working setup to rule things out.

I worked with Fish Hawk folks who had me do a reset of the head unit and that went through the entire reset routine successfully, but still same result.

Have any other ideas/suggestions?

Thanks!